Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he wants a guaranteed fifth year and he isn't going to want to take a paycut

i hope he comes crawling back at some point and we turn him down. 4/48 is too much.
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

You’ve heard by now that the A’s acquired David DeJesus, but he was far from the only bat they considered trading for. GM Billy Beane was after Josh Willingham and considered making a deal for Dan Uggla, according to Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports. The A’s probably aren’t done adding offense. Beane told Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle that he’d still like to make an upgrade or two

Comment

I am shocked that Billy Beane is after Josh Willingham. Shocked and surprised.

Comment

Sogard and a pitcher for Uggla!

/mancrush
          There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

Uggla won first silver slugger today, so add that to his trade value.

Or don't.
            LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Is that worth a 5th year at 12 million?
              There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

joecapMARLINS: Uggla said #Marlins "have chosen to stop negotiations but I am still open to try to get something done.''

joecapMARLINS: Dan Uggla -- I would like to say a deal is reachable. I think we can close the gap but that's me talking #Marlins
                /Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by KJC View Post
                  Is that worth a 5th year at 12 million?
                  It's apparently worth a reported $325,000 bonus he'll get for it
                  LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

He can use that for a fun winter with CoRo.
                    There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

• Originally posted by mbaamin08 View Post
                      /Twitter
                      Smart move on his part to play the PR game, but they really shouldn't fold to the pressure.
                      God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                      - Daft

Comment

• Dan Uggla just spoke with reporters about winning the Silver Slugger Award, but our talk with him focused on negotiations with the Florida Marlins for a multi-year contract.

Here’s what Dan had to say about the negotiations and the recent four-year, $48 million offer that he reportedly rejected.

Do you think you’ll get a deal done?

“I don’t know. There is one thing that I want to get straight. Everybody is throwing some sources out there about what I want to do. I just want everybody to hear it from me – I want to stay in Florida. This has been a negotiation. This is what happens in negotiations – you turn down deals and counter-deal.

“My team, we are still wanting to negotiate. It has been the Marlins’ choice to stop negotiations. My career has been in Florida. I want to stay in Florida. I want everybody to hear that from me. They have chose to stop negotiations but me and my team are still open to negotiate and try and get something done.

What do you mean by “stop”? Have they told you they’re not going to negotiate further?

“Well, from what I’ve read it sounds like they have stopped. And what I’ve heard, everything coming out in the media saying I’ve rejected a four-year deal, that’s what happens in negotiations. They’ve rejected my offer I’ve made to them.

“To hear that kind of statement, it sounds like, you know, there’s not going to be a whole lot of effort made. But me and my team, we’re still wanting to negotiate and get something done.

Is money the thing that will decide this, or are there other factors?

“I’m not going to get into the details of that discussion. I like to keep all of that private. I’m not sure how that got leaked. Even the four year-year deal, how it got leaked to the media., But I just wanted that to be know, that I do want to stay in Florida and we are still wanting to get something done. That’s where we stand.”

What will it take to get a deal done?

Once again, those are part of the specifics of the negotiations that we’d likle to keep private. We’re upset to hear that even the four-year deal getting out there, we’re upset that that was made public. There are so many things that go along with negotiating talks. That’s how huge rumors get started.
                        Once again, what it will take to make or break this deal, those (details) have to stay private.

Do you think the gap is bridgeable?
                        I would like to say it’s bridgeable in my eyes. I can’t say if it’s bridgeable or not in their eyes, but in my eyes I think we can close the gap on this thing. But that’s me talking. I don’t know how they feel.

Have you spoken with owner Jeffrey Loria one-on-one this off-season?
                        Yes, but nothing concerning that. He just congratulated me on a great year.

Your reaction to manager Edwin Rodriguez returning?
                        I was extremely happy to hear about Edwin coming back. He did a great job taking over this team. He did a tremendous job and for the Marlins to bring him back, I think the Marlins did their research on everybody and they came ot the decision that Edwin was the right man for the job and I totally agree with that…knowing how much each and everyone of us loved Edwin and how happy we were to play for him.
                        Dan Uggla, at impasse with Florida Marlins, still hopes to sign multi-year deal

Comment

• He gon leave.
                          There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

• Trade his ass away and use that money to sure up the rest of the team.. CC will be fine at 2b.. We need to use the money build a respectable bullpen..

Comment

• He'll sign for 5/55 next week.
                              There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

• I hope not
                                God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                                - Daft

Comment

Working...
                                X