Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011 Managerial Search Discussion: But Does He Know the Game??!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• and he probably shouldn't even be a hall of famer
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by markotsay7 View Post
      and he probably shouldn't even be a hall of famer
      Probably? It's a certainty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Z View Post
        Sometimes I wish I could confront some of you smartasses in person. You people blow shit way out of proportion.
        Sick bro

Comment

• Suddenly this thread has a lot of potential.

Comment

• With the Yankees eliminated from postseason play, the Marlins haven't pounced on bench coach Tony Pena for their managerial opening.

According to a source who has spoken with the front office, Pena currently is not on the Marlins' short list of candidates. The Marlins have no immediate plans to interview the former Kansas City Royals manager.

With the exception of former third base coach Bo Porter, who the Marlins interviewed after they fired Fredi Gonzalez in June, it is not believed they have spoken with anybody.

Reports have linked Pena to the Marlins since before the season ended. Pena's lone managerial assignment was with the Royals from 2002-05. He went a combined 198-285, and garnered American League Manager of the Year honors after leading the 2003 club to an 83-79 record. He has been a member of the Yankees coaching staff since 2006. Last season was his first as Joe Girardi's bench coach.

That the Marlins haven't aggressively pursued any candidates could signal growing sentiment in the organization to retain Edwin Rodriguez in the position. Rodriguez probably wouldn't turn down a one-year deal.

With the World Series set to begin Wednesday, it appears the Marlins will not make any manager-related announcements until after the champion is crowned. Major League Baseball discourages teams from revealing significant news during the Fall Classic.
            Yankees' Pena not on Marlins' managerial short list

Comment

• I would hope they saw Joe G say something and Pena nod in agreement and then decided that Pena was not a candidate.

Comment

• JCRMarlinsbeat: #Marlins prez David Samson on managerial search: Still having internal discussions. No one interviewed or contacted yet.
                /Twitter

Comment

• No news is some news

Comment

• Well if Samson said that, then they'll announce someone tomorrow lol
                    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Stanton - Guillen posts were moved to the blog section to give it its own thread and help site traffic. I think a story like that appropriately deserves its own thread.
                      Last edited by Swifty; 10-29-2010, 08:34 AM.

Comment

• Our featured guest in this installment of “Who Won’t be the Marlins’ Next Manager” is…Clint Hurdle.

A source confirmed the Marlins are not waiting for the World Series to end before interviewing the former Rockies skipper and current Texas Rangers hitting coach. The prevailing thought is the Pirates have not yet named a manager because they want to speak with Hurdle, who went 534-625 in eight years with the Rockies, including a 2007 National League pennant.

It is believed the Marlins have winnowed their list to three: Edwin Rodriguez, Bo Porter and another unidentified candidate.

Tuesday, President David Samson said the Marlins likely would announce their man upon conclusion of the World Series. Rodriguez, who managed the club’s final 92 games(46-46), appears to have considerable front office support to remain in the position.
                        Who’s NOT among Marlins final three managerial candidates?

Comment

• lol

I like when writers create news to make news

Comment

• I BET LOU PINIELLA ISN'T GOING TO BE OUR MANAGER EITHER!!!1!!!!11!!!

::writes blog post::
                            Originally posted by Madman81
                            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• *alerts the media*

Comment

• http://alerttheinternet.ytmnd.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X