No announcement yet.

U2 Concert May Move 2011 Mariners Home Series to Vancouver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the series is the 24-26 and the concert is the 29 what is the issue. They convert the stadium from baseball to football in less than 24 hours, does it really take more than 2 days to go from baseball to concert?

Comment

Play it in Richmond.

Comment

Originally posted by FishFanInPA View Post
        Play it in Richmond.
        That would seem like the opposite of "makes any sense."

Comment

Originally posted by kylekash View Post
          If the series is the 24-26 and the concert is the 29 what is the issue. They convert the stadium from baseball to football in less than 24 hours, does it really take more than 2 days to go from baseball to concert?
          I remember reading that the U2 stage load in and removal each takes days. I think it was something like 2 days just to break down and remove the stage from the stadium.

Comment

U2 sucks btw

Comment

The children in Africa disagree

Comment

They would agree if they had iPods.

Comment

Bono is the douchiest douche who ever douched.

Comment

Update

Though nothing is set in stone, there is a growing likelihood the Marlins will end up moving its scheduled HOME series against Seattle next June to....Seattle. That's right. The Marlins could end up hosting the Mariners at Safeco Field due to a conflict with a U2 concert at Sun Life Stadium around the same time.

Here's the deal: the two teams are scheduled for a 3-game interleague series in South Florida on June 24-26. But organizers for the U2 concert on June 29 need that time -- and the stadium -- to prepare for the show. The Marlins could play the series in Puerto Rico, as they did last season with the Mets. But that would put a hardship on the Mariners, who are scheduled to open a 3-game home series against the Braves in Seattle on June 27. Vancouver was examined as a neutral site possibility but then dismissed.

So Seattle -- home of the Mariners -- could become the Marlins' home away from home. Doing so would also make travel sense for the Marlins, who face the A's in Oakland and Rangers in Texas after taking on the Mariners.

Read more: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/fish_...#ixzz17UtvRLeM

Comment

be as many Marlins fans there anyway

Comment

Hugg's link broke my computer so I did not get to see Mainge
                        --------------------
                        I guess I should have read this thread when it was originated
                        Last edited by emkayseven; 12-08-2010, 05:54 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                        Originally posted by Madman81
                        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

It's really obnoxious that we seem to have a yearly tradition of getting our home games moved around
                          God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                          - Daft

Comment

Working...
                          X