Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Emilio Continues to Be Best, Stanton Homers Twice as Marlins Complete Sweep of Nats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postgame: Emilio Continues to Be Best, Stanton Homers Twice as Marlins Complete Sweep of Nats

Part of me wants to believe Bonifacio is legitimate; the other part says I'm nuts.

Oh, and Stanton is hot again.

He is legitimate as an Amezaga-type.

Comment

he is awesome.

Comment

But Amezaga wasn't fast

Comment

You have to wonder if Emilio keeps it up through the end of the season if it eases their thoughts on signing Uggla, trading him for pitching, and going EB/CC at 2B/3B in some capacity, with Dominguez coming to take one of their jobs in July.

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
            You have to wonder if Emilio keeps it up through the end of the season if it eases their thoughts on signing Uggla, trading him for pitching, and going EB/CC at 2B/3B in some capacity, with Dominguez coming to take one of their jobs in July.
            In that case, I hope he bombs out for the rest of the year. I in no way, shape, or form want Bonifacio assuming that important of a role with this team.

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
              I'd hope not, but with these jokers....

Comment

Originally posted by Swift View Post
                I'd hope not, but with these jokers....
                Beinfest ball. They will think, oh we are going to get a ton of jacks from Stanton, Morrison will get better, so will Maybin, Hanley will have some more power, Gaby and CC hold their own, and we'll sign some catcher to hit 15. That's enough. We need 40 more SB at the top of the lineup and better defense. That's how they think. We won with JP and Castillo. Bonifacio is at least one of them.

I mean, I don't really think the problem is Bonifacio. I think the problem is, if you're getting rid of Uggla, you need legitimate pitching right now. I'm fine with Bonifacio if they find 200 good innings, especially a lefty, somewhere. But I just have doubts they can do that or they would already have done it.

Comment

Where has Boni been playing? (I haven't watched or barely payed any attention lately.)
                  LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Actually got to see them in person for the first time this year. Good Lord is Stanton is strong. Even his the one out he made was nearly out to the deepest part of the part. When Gaby comes back, this will actually be a pretty cool lineup, especially if Cam can step it up a little.

Other observations:
                    Volstad is not good at pitching. And Ceda is a massive individual.

Comment

Bonifacio in anything more than his current capacity would be bush league front office material.

Comment

I can totally see the FO giving Boni the full-time job simply as an FU to the people criticizing them about the financials of the team. Festa will fap though because the team will make more money.
                        This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

Yeah, because you know I'm not the guy who has been the most vocal about not spending.

Comment

If he can put up a .370 BABIP for a full season, by all means, he should be starting and hitting leadoff, because he'd be awesome.

However, he's not going to put up a .370 BABIP, because for all intents and purposes, nobody puts up .370 BABIP over the course of a season, not even guys as fast as Boner. It's completely flukey, and when you normalize his BABIP, he's not that much better than he was last season, as far as his secondary skills.

He's fine in this role, let's not change it. He's been pretty good defensively, has been an excellent base runner, and has done more than could be reasonably expected from him offensively.
                            poop

Comment

Working...
                            X