No announcement yet.

Anibal Sanchez is to Dynamite As Taio Cruz is to Marlins, Fish Win 4-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postgame: Anibal Sanchez is to Dynamite As Taio Cruz is to Marlins, Fish Win 4-1

7.2ip 4h 1r(1er) 0bb 4k

Hensley does the jorb again and LoMo extends his on base streak

Maybin with a big triple in the ninth

this is all for me

Forget Nolasco, forget Uggla if he wants 5 years, get Anibal extended.

Comment

Nah.

Comment

Emilio was the spark plug again. I really like bringing back this team with one or two key FA's.

/pipe dream.

Comment

Depends what you mean by "key" free agents.

Comment

a catcher and a reliever.

Comment

I could certainly see the FO going out and remedying those situations. We need a lefty bat off the bench, too (unless Tracy fills that role next year).

Comment

Originally posted by Swift View Post
                Forget Nolasco, forget Uggla if he wants 5 years, get Anibal extended.
                That is a huge gamble on a guy who will probably have shoulder trouble again.

Comment

Yeah. Pretty knee jerk

Comment

Originally posted by Festa View Post
                    That is a huge gamble on a guy who will probably have shoulder trouble again.
                    I disagree. At this point, the Marlins are going to guarantee his 2011 contract through arbitration so that money doesn't matter. He is going to make somewhere in the mid 2s. Even if he is AWESOME in 2011, he's starting so low on the payscale he would only get into the 4s in 2012. Then 2013 is free agency year 1, and this is where the savings are at if the Marlins can sign him for any amount of money. If he maintains being this kind of pitcher, anything under $10-12 is a bargain.

I am strongly in the camp of "gambling" his 2012 salary for a beneficial team option for the first free agency year. Even better if you can get two. Something like

2011 - 2.25
                    2012 - 4.25
                    2013 - 7.5 option or .5 buyout

2/$7 or 3/$14

That is all they need to do. And on the inverse, I think Anibal would take it for the same reasons, uncertainty about shoulder holding up. He gets a little payday, Marlins smartly allocate salary to try and get a deal on a free agency year. Anibal still becomes a free agent young enough for a big payday if he holds up.

I would also categorize this as a minor deal. This wouldn't be Uggla or Nolasco organizational changing.

Comment

I wouldn't be opposed to anything like that. I'd have apprehensions about guaranteeing '13 and '14.

Comment

Originally posted by Festa View Post
                        I wouldn't be opposed to anything like that. I'd have apprehensions about guaranteeing '13 and '14.
                        Absolutely. That would be crazy.

Comment

Working...
                        X