Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the Only One That Wants to Punch My Radio when Dave Van Horne Talks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I the Only One That Wants to Punch My Radio when Dave Van Horne Talks?

DVH gets so caught up in telling stupid stories and giving you some useless background info on the opposing team's pitcher (like what type of Cub Scout badges he has or something like that) and describing in great depth what color uniforms the teams are wearing on the field that he often forgets what the count is and how many outs there are. He doesn't bother to tell you the score for minutes at a time, so unless you listen continuously, you have no idea what is going on in the game. His only redeeming quality is that he sounds like a baseball announcer. Much in the same way that Reggie Abercrombie looked like he was a baseball player. It has become increasingly difficult to listen to these broadcasts because the guy just drives me bananas, but I have no choice if I am driving my car and want to know what is going on with the game. I may be alone in my sentiments, but this guy just seems to be so obviously horrible that I can't imagine him being around for a whole lot longer. Am I wrong about this? I am hoping that someone can convince me that I am not being fair. I know that there are worse announcers than him- but that doesn't make DVH better than bad. We have always had some very good broadcasters associated with our team in the past. Maybe I am spoiled and DVH is more average than I give him credit for??? I actually liked the guy who filled in for him better- even though he sounded like he had a mouth full of pudding the entire time. It at least sounded like he was watching the game and I didn't have to wait for crowd reaction noise to know what had happened.

Gorillaface said bananas....lolz.
    And all demarcation of Reggie Abercrombie will not be tolerated on this board....remember when he hit that long homerun that one time?

Comment

no you are not, I have been hating on him since the day he got here and everyone says he has a good baseball voice. I think he's boring, never tells the score, gets so caught up in stories he forgets important stuff, and I can't STAND his voice.
      Originally posted by Madman81
      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

His stories suck too. If he is going to start telling me stories about someone, at least make them interesting. Even if he has to make up something.

Comment

I think he should be replaced by "out of bounds" Eduardo who works with the University of Miami

Comment

agrees with Beef

Comment

"Marlins in their alternate black tops and gray pants tonight. Philadelphia in their pinstriped home white tops with PHILLIES across the chest."

lolololol

Comment

You are not being fair.

Comment

This is why I listen to Felo and Yiki
                  God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                  - Daft

Comment

Ok, well is there anyone here who actually thinks DVH is any good? I thought he was about 90 years old based on the ramblings and his perpetual state of confusion- which is why I gave him a pass for a while. Turns out he is way younger than I had originally thought, which is outrageous to me.

Comment

People over 40 seem to love him

Comment

As do people from Miami Lakes who are fans of the Marlins and Panthers.

Comment

I like DVH in general. I think he calls the game on the radio in a soothingly classic fashion. I do not like that he is very bad about giving updates on game situations (IE, runners on first and third, swinging third strike) and I agree he is atrocious at giving the score.

I think it comes down to what you prefer. If you want to "listen to baseball" DVH is very good. If you want to "hear the game" DVH is not very good.

Comment

What Swift said

Comment

That is a good analysis, Swift... I guess I prefer to "hear the game"... If I was living in 1936, I guess he would be okay. I still don't understand why he can't tell me that a guy is "batting three hundred and twenty six and wearing his white uniform trimmed in bright red with his socks hiked up to just below the knee and a curious grin upon his face", AND give me the damn score every couple of minutes!

Comment

Working...
                              X