Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by markotsay7 View Post
    still don't have a problem with the play at home or the stolen bases
    I don't either, but I also don't have a problem with our reactions to it either.
    poop

Comment

Originally posted by FishFanInPA View Post
      I think it's ridiculous that Morgan is appealing. I also think if you are dumb enough to appeal something so blatant, they should be able to increase your suspension.
      Originally posted by mbaamin08 View Post
      I can't believe Morgan is even allowed to appeal this. MLB said that this suspension comes from a series of incidents, not just Wednesday's game. He's also already been served a suspension and this whole thing occured while that appeal was pending. It should be like revoking his parole.
      God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
      - Daft

Comment

I have issue to the running into the catcher since it isn't the first time he went out of his way to initiate unnecessary contact. Go play football if you want to take cheap shots.

Comment

if he wasn't going to slide, going into it like that was the only option while hoping to jar the ball loose.

like robertrobert i have no problem with hitting him...the first or second time
          Originally posted by Madman81
          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Except the catch wasn't even looking at him and you could see the plate completely. He went out of his way to do it when it was completely unnecessary.

Comment

I agree with MiamiHomer. It was unnecessary. A slide would have sufficed.
              Last edited by Blackout Pact; 09-04-2010, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                Except the catch wasn't even looking at him and you could see the plate completely. He went out of his way to do it when it was completely unnecessary.
                Yep.

But whatever.

Comment

My thoughts exactly

Comment

If he didn't think he could slide, that was the other option. Sucks that Hayes got hurt, but he was standing on the plate

Comment

They're also two of our most -worthy posters. Gotta stay consistent.
                      This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

Capozzi mentions in his blog that the appeals for the Marlins could be heard on Thursday. Assuming that is the case and the suspensions are upheld, Gaby would serve his suspension during the DC series next weekend. I've also figured out the rotation assuming Volstad's suspension starts the 10th and Sanabia's starts the 17th (with Mendez as the spot starter);

9/10- JJ
                        9/11- Sanabia
                        9/12- Anibal
                        9/13- Mendez (for Volstad)
                        9/14- Miller
                        9/15- JJ
                        9/17- Volstad (his suspension would be complete and Alex's would start this day which is supposed to be his day to pitch)
                        9/18- Anibal
                        9/19- Mendez (this was Volstad's spot and is the spot Alex will return to)
                        9/20- Miller
                        9/21- JJ
                        9/22- Volstad (Alex's suspension would be over this day)
                        9/23- Anibal
                        9/24- Sanabia

And so on.
                        Last edited by THE_REAL_MIBS; 09-04-2010, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Apparently, Sanabia and Volstad will serve their suspensions at the same time.

JCRMarlinsbeat: Alex Sanabia to start suspension Saturday after Friday start. Chris Volstad will start Sunday, begin suspension Monday. #marlins
                          /Twitter
                          --------------------
                          So the rotation sets up like this;

9/10- Sanabia
                          9/11- Anibal (Sanabia starts suspension)
                          9/12- Volstad
                          9/13- Mendez or Miller (Volstad starts suspension)
                          9/14- Miller or Mendez
                          9/15- Need someone for this day (bullpen day?)
                          9/17- Anibal (Sanabia's suspension over. He could start this day but it will probably be Anibal unless Anibal pitches 9/15 on short rest)
                          9/18- Sanabia (unless he pitches on the 17th. Then the following people move up a day)
                          9/19- Mendez or Miller
                          9/20- Miller or Mendez or Volstad (Volstad's suspension over this day)
                          9/21- Mendez or Volstad or Miller

My head hurts from all of this.
                          Last edited by THE_REAL_MIBS; 09-08-2010, 04:29 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by mbaamin08 View Post
                            My head hurts from all of this.
                            No one is forcing you to think about it.

Comment

It's okay. I knda like doing stuff like this. I'm too organized.

We have an update;

As manager Edwin Rodriguez put it, the Marlins are going to have to be creative with their rotation. Injuries and pending suspensions will leave them a bit short-handed. Alex Sanabia, Anibal Sanchez and Chris Volstad are penciled in for the Nationals' series starting Friday.

Rodriguez said Sanabia and Volstad will begin serving their five- and six-game suspensions, respectively, the day after their starts. Andrew Miller, who started Wednesday against the Phillies, will face them again Monday at Sun Life Stadium followed by Adalberto Mendez on Tuesday.

Josh Johnson won't be available any earlier than Wednesday, but the Marlins will err on the side of caution with him. Johnson returned to South Florida Wednesday and was diagnosed with shoulder inflammation and a mild back strain. With at most four starts left, Johnson likely is done for the season, but the Marlins have not yet made that determination. He will rejoin the club Friday in Washington.

"If there is any possibility he could get worse we'll shut him down," Rodriguez said. "We have to make sure his career is not in jeopardy."

The Marlins already have one starter sidelined through season's end. Ricky Nolasco on Wednesday underwent right knee surgery to fix a torn meniscus. Recovery time is four to six weeks. Left-hander Sean West also is out with a sore knee and no timetable for his return.

Gaby Sanchez, the other Marlins suspended (three games) as a result of last week's brawl with the Nationals, will go through with his appeal. He anticipated his hearing taking place Saturday.
                              Marlins' Sanabia, Volstad forgo appeals of suspensions
                              --------------------
                              Rotation updated with the next 5 games sorted out;

So the rotation sets up like this;

9/10- Sanabia
                              9/11- Anibal (Sanabia starts suspension)
                              9/12- Volstad
                              9/13- Miller (Volstad starts suspension)
                              9/14- Mendez
                              9/15- Maybe JJ if he's okay or we need someone for this day (bullpen day?)
                              9/17- Anibal (Sanabia's suspension over. He could start this day but it will probably be Anibal unless Anibal pitches 9/15 on short rest)
                              9/18- Sanabia (unless he pitches on the 17th. Then the following people move up a day)
                              9/19- Miller
                              9/20- Volstad (Volstad's suspension over this day)
                              9/21- JJ or Mendez
                              Last edited by THE_REAL_MIBS; 09-08-2010, 06:42 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Mibs, it isn't organized until it's in spreadsheet form with color coded columns.

Comment

Working...
                                X