Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ricky Might Be Done

Not the worse thing in the world, I am for this to be honest:

Ricky Nolasco might have pitched his last game this year for Florida Marlins

by Joe Capozzi
    The Marlins’ life-support hopes for the playoffs might get a bit more bleak if rumblings that I am hearing about Ricky Nolasco are true.

Apparently, Nolasco’s right knee has been bothered him since his last start on Saturday, when he was shelled for six runs in two innings in his first start since being diagnosed a week earlier with a torn meniscus in his right knee.

Nolasco is scheduled to start Friday against the Braves. But that appears to be in doubt, now, as does the rest of his season. If Nolasco is too sore to pitch Friday, it probably makes sense to shut him down for the year.

If all of this is true, it’s a drastic turn of events from the optimism expressed by the team on Sunday when they said the swelling had gone done with no discomfort.

Nolasco is expected to have surgery on the knee, and it might end up being before the end of the season, to give him more time to recover in time for spring training.

Ricky’s 14-9 with a 4.51 ERA, including 9-3 over his last 12 starts. Over his last three years, he was won 42 games (26 losses), so it will be interesting to see how his off-season contract negotiations go. The team has indicated it will offer Ricky a multi-year deal after the season.

If Nolasco is shut down, expect LHP Andrew Miller to replace him in the rotation over the final month of the season.
    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Just shut him down. It's more important to have him fully healthy for the next 2-3 years than for the last month of a futile "playoff push."

Comment

Originally posted by wanks1212 View Post
      Just shut him down. It's more important to have him fully healthy for the next 2-3 years than for the last month of a futile "playoff push."
      This.

Plus I want to see thriller get starts.

Comment

Andrew Miller starting is worth the aggrevation.

Comment

Thriller is just the absolute worst nickname for Miller. He does not having a thrilling molecule in his body.

Comment

I think it's the best name he could have. He's quite the rollercoaster

Also, you seem angry

Comment

Michael Jackson Thriller Popcorn .gif

Comment

:mjpop
                This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

Right-hander Ricky Nolasco will miss the final month of the season due to the meniscus he tore last month.

Scheduled to start Friday against the Braves, Nolasco said after Wednesday's game he will undergo right knee surgery to repair the problem next week.

"It's just not letting me do what I want to do," Nolasco said. "I can't squat all the way down, just little things like that…People have been telling me I have to be smart and I'm not going to risk hurting something else trying to compensate."

Manager Edwin Rodriguez said left-hander Andrew Miller likely will take Nolasco's place.

Nolasco already had missed one start after being diagnosed with the meniscus tear. He came back to pitch Saturday in Atlanta and lasted just two innings, allowing six runs on seven hits. Afterward, Nolasco said the knee was fine. Rodriguez removed him because Nolasco needed 41 pitches to get through the second and he had not pitched in 11 days.

Nolasco since then told friends he didn't feel all that comfortable on the mound Saturday. Missing the final month will afford Nolasco the chance to have surgery to repair the meniscus sooner rather than later. He's looking at about a four-week recovery process.

Nolasco's season ends with a 14-9 record, 4.51 ERA, 33 walks and 147 strikeouts in 157 2/3 innings (26 starts).
                  Marlins' Nolasco done for the season

Comment

it's just a minor injury though!
                    Originally posted by Madman81
                    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Yes. It is.

Comment

Originally posted by markotsay7 View Post
                        it's just a minor injury though!
                        I don't know why you are doing this because it really is. He fucking went out there and pitched, he didn't do it very well, but that tells you instantly it isn't something that will be a big issue once repaired.

Comment

MK7's entire argument has been based on how scary "torn meniscus" sounds.

He'd probably say the same thing if it was originally reported that Ricky had discomfort on his pitching hand from a "vellum laceration" (i.e. paper cut).

Comment

it's not that. it might be a minor injury but why do you hand out a contract to a mediocre player after a surgery without seeing how he responds?
                            Originally posted by Madman81
                            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

I read Chris Cook of the Vikings was out two weeks with a torn meniscus.

Comment

Working...
                              X