Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Marlins Be in Market for a Catcher?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by markotsay7 View Post
    bankroll the site

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Comment

y'all would be back on that temp board we had for 4 days or worse, .ghey, if it weren't for me

and festa and zero
      Originally posted by Madman81
      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

What is it you'd say Zero does around here?

Comment

Takes money from me.

Comment

Originally posted by Festa View Post
            What is it you'd say Zero does around here?
            good point
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

He who acts in secret acts with most effect
              God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
              - Daft

Comment

he who eats jelly beans farts in technicolor

Comment

i eat jelly beans

Comment

I have the most effect.

Comment

• The Marlins told people they want to add a No. 1 catcher. John Baker's agent said Baker is cautiously optimistic he can participate in spring training after Tommy John surgery, but that's not certain. The Marlins own Baker's rights. They will explore other options before deciding whether to keep arbitration-eligible Ronny Paulino, who must sit out the first eight games of 2011 to complete his 50-game suspension.

The Marlins will consider San Diego's Yorvit Torrealba, Texas' Bengie Molina and perhaps Toronto's John Buck in free agency, but Boston's Victor Martinez isn't likely because of subpar defense. Ex-Marlin Miguel Olivo would be in play if Colorado doesn't pick up his $2.5 million option.

Boston's Jason Varitek, Atlanta's David Ross, Texas' Matt Treanor and the Dodgers' Rod Barajas would be part-time options. If the Marlins get a clear-cut No. 1 catcher, Brad Davis and Brett Hayes could be considered for the No. 2 job.

Associates say Ivan ``Pudge'' Rodriguez wants to finish his career here, but he's under contract with Washington for 2011 at $3 million. The Marlins might consider a trade.

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/09/2...#ixzz10IFSvYTR

Comment

Outside of Victor Martinez and John Buck (kinda), there was no No.1 catcher listed there

Comment

Brining Pudge back would be ok with me. The Nats have Derrick Norris and Wilson Ramos so he is expendable.
                          I would do Condor and maybe someone else (low-level pitcher?) for Mr. Rodriguez.
                          LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Originally posted by flamarlin21 View Post
                            Brining Pudge back would be ok with me. The Nats have Derrick Norris and Wilson Ramos so he is expendable.
                            I would do Condor and maybe someone else (low-level pitcher?) for Mr. Rodriguez.
                            .651 OPS this year which is the worst since his rookie season and he is on a 5 year decline.

Comment

Pudge could replace Paulino as a platoon guy, if he's paired with Baker or another guy who can hit righties. Which would be funny, since Pudge never was involved with PEDs, nuh uh, no way.

Anyway, Pudge vs LHP:

2010:.315/.344/.427/.771 (94 PA)
                              2009:.283/.305/.478/.784 (95 PA)
                              2008: .289/.343/.381/.724 (105 PA)

He's declined for sure, but he can still hit lefties, and he'd have that "name" factor that Loria would like.

Don't give anything up for him though.

Comment

Is Andrew Miller something? He'd get Pudge and his contract paid, probably.

I don't think either team turns that down.

Comment

Working...
                                X