Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Marlins Be in Market for a Catcher?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't mind dealing Andrew to San Diego for Ryan Webb but I doubt they'd do that.
    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

I'm kind of reluctant to trade Andrew, I think he will come through some day and for some reason I've always compared him to the unit. On the other hand, i'm more than willing to part ways with West.
      Last edited by Big Z; 09-08-2010, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Personally I would rather send Volstad off than Thriller and West. Sure they all suck but Thriller has a cool nickname and I think West will put it together. Volstad has just been so mediocre. He is easily replaceable and doesn't have the potential upside the other 2 have.

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
          Yep, hindsight is 20/20

Although, I'm sure most will agree, I wouldn't be surprised if Miller goes somewhere like STL, CHW, SD, ect and finally puts it together. I certainly wonder if he's a "lost cause" not as a player, but on this team; That it was possible we failed him, not the other way around.

Of coarse, it's possible he also just sucks.
          He sucks, but this time next year he'll suck and be worthless. Really at this point it's on us to decide who we like more out of him and West, keep who we like and deal who we don't. I am lead to believe we're on our last straw with both players, but for different reasons.

Comment

yes he does
            Originally posted by Madman81
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by Swift View Post
              He sucks, but this time next year he'll suck and be worthless. Really at this point it's on us to decide who we like more out of him and West, keep who we like and deal who we don't. I am lead to believe we're on our last straw with both players, but for different reasons.
              This.

Miller is out of options next year so we need to figure out what to do with him. Really, our only options with him next year are to trade him or we have to keep him on the roster because he'd likely not clear waivers.

The problem with West is that he can't stay healthy which led to the beat writers leaking that the front office was not very happy with him and his work ethic/ work routine. West himself even said that he didn't come into spring training ready and it showed.
              Last edited by THE_REAL_MIBS; 09-08-2010, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Z View Post
                I still can't get over the fact that we didn't trade Miller/West for Bell last year.

What's our payroll like next year, low 60's? I know entering this year we were at around 55 and we subtracted Ross and Jorge's contract, which is about $10.4 mil and added Ohman which is about $1.4 mil?.. This leaves us with an extra $9 mil in salary space to get back to $55 mil; if we end up going with $60 mil we have around what, $10 mil to spare this offseason after everyone signs?
                Herald reported it will be about $50 million next year

Comment

we're going to be less than this year? fucking seriously?
                  Originally posted by Madman81
                  Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                  Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by markotsay7 View Post
                    we're going to be less than this year? fucking seriously?
                    I have the link on work computer, but it was buried in some Canes or Dolphins article in those "quick hits."

It said, it will be about $50 million, and approach median payroll in 2012. Will update this tomorrow when I get a chance, but I'm like 90% sure I remember it correctly. Salary is kind of my thing.
                    --------------------
                    Really rough arb work here, but keeping everyone basically:

C Ronny Paulino $2,500,000
                    1B Gaby Sanchez $420,000
                    2B Dan Uggla $10,000,000
                    3B Chris Coghlan $600,000
                    SS Hanley Ramirez $11,000,000
                    LF Logan Morrison $410,000
                    CF Cameron Maybin $420,000
                    RF Mike Stanton $420,000
                    B Emilio Bonifacio $420,000
                    B Hayes/Davis/Baker $430,000
                    B Wes Helms $1,000,000
                    B CC $410,000
                    B CC $410,000

SP Josh Johnson $7,750,000
                    SP Ricky Nolasco $6,000,000
                    SP Chris Volstad $430,000
                    SP Anibal Sanchez $2,250,000
                    SP Sean West $420,000
                    RP Leo Nunez $4,000,000
                    RP Clay Hensley $1,250,000
                    RP Brian Sanches $430,000
                    RP Andrew Miller $1,400,000
                    RP Jose Veras $800,000
                    RP Alejandro Sanabia $410,000
                    RP CC $410,000

$53,990,000

it's basically, get rid of Nunez and Veras for two club controlled players = $50 million on the dot. I'll have this down better come 2nd week October
                    Last edited by lou; 09-08-2010, 08:05 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Miller is not out of options

Comment

Awesome!!! I wouldn't be surprised if he started anywhere from A-Ball to the Bigs.

Comment

Replace Paulino for Torrealba/Olivo and we are good. Didn't the F.O mention they weren't going to bring Ronny back? Also, I doubt we will have a lower payroll than last year, this is the Marlins last year to contend before moving into their new home, I'm sure they want to go out with a bang. I'm sticking to $55-60 mil for our payroll next year and $64-70 mil in 2012.

If it's up to you do you:

Let go of Ugz and use the $10 mil for V-Mart, a decent FA 3rd basemen and move Cogz to 2nd.

Or

Keep Ugz, sign Torrealba and keep Cogz at 3rd.
                          Last edited by Big Z; 09-08-2010, 09:27 PM.

Comment

I thought he was, but that's cool.

But he will still have a MILB/MLB split contract around $700k/$1.4 million. Worth keeping around?

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
                              I thought he was, but that's cool.

But he will still have a MILB/MLB split contract around $700k/$1.4 million. Worth keeping around?
                              http://soflamarlins.com/showthread.php?t=2944

He's used 3 options, but he gets a 4th cuz he only has 4 pro years of service time.

Personally I want him gone

Comment

Didn't he sign a major league deal when he was drafted, though? That would have made his fourth option (or first if you want to look at it that way) was used in '07.

Comment

Working...
                                X