Land Shark Stadium Concession Makeovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Land Shark Stadium Concession Makeovers

This doesn't have a home so I'll just put it in the Fish Tank.

The $250 million renovation of Land Shark Stadium did not do a lot for the utilitarian-looking concession stands, but that's about to change.

RCC Associates has been hired to redo 53 concession stands. The Deerfield Beach-based company has done an array of restaurant projects ranging from Benihana and Ben & Jerry's to Capital Grille and the Cheesecake Factory.

The renovations are expected to be finished by the end of August, which would be in time for the Miami Dolphins' Sept. 21 home opener against the Indianapolis Colts. The Florida Marlins also play at the stadium.

Dolphins owner Stephen M. Ross has been putting more pizzazz to his lineup by adding entertainers Jimmy Buffet, Marc Anthony, and Gloria and Emilio Estefan to the owners’ group. The name switch to Land Shark Stadium recognizes a beer that Buffet is promoting.

The $250 million renovation, completed in 2007, expanded the decks on the stadium, including enclosed areas on the club seating level.

RCC and Land Shark Stadium officials could not be immediately reached to provide details on the concession renovations.
    http://www.bizjournals.com/southflor...3/daily47.html
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

I was kinda surprised I couldn't find Landshark at any concession stand last time I was there. I mean, it's called Landshark Stadium.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

I am witness to this change, over the past few weeks ive been to about 5 home games and all the concessions are being renovated. The woodwork around each concession has been stripped, names have been taken down as have menus. Good to hear the inclusion of better concesions at LS, probably all in preparation for the 2010 Super Bowl. I believe this is like phase 2 for the stadium renovation. I believe the last step is to build restaraunts, hotels, bars, stores, etc around the stadium. But im glad to hear this, I only go to about 1-2 Dolphins games a year but i guess i will also be able to enjoy this as a marlins fan for the next 2 years.
      STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

From the Miami Herald today:

-The 100 level will feature a Margaritaville
        -The 400 level will feature a Land Shark Sandbar
        STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

Too bad it won't overlook the field.

Comment

Oh joy, now I can eat a Cheeseburger in Paradise at the Marlins game.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

have you ever been to a cheeseburger in paradise restaurant

that place is the tits
              Originally posted by Madman81
              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

I drived past it

Having a place like Margaritaville instead of some sort of local yummies sucks. I get that its because of the Jimmy Buffet thing so they gon put in a totally touristy place, but I dont think it really makes for good concessions.

Comment

Working...
                X