Rule 5 Draft Eligibles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rule 5 Draft Eligibles

Let me know if I miss someone, this is only looking at the draft since I don't believe there's any site that tracks international signings (I tried to see if there would be anybody of interest in the upper minors though and nobody fits that). Not much to worry about:

Osvaldo Martinez (So probable September call up), Steven Cishek and Garrett Parcell are only three guys I see us making room for. It'll be interesting to see if they decided to dump Wood/Buente for Cishek/Parcell (I would, especially Buente)

Guys also available:
    John Raynor
    Kris Harvey
    Graham Taylor
    Kyle Winters (Both not pitching this year = no way they get taken)
    AJ Battisto (Org has been pretty aggressive with him, which means they either like him or they don't care at all about him)
    Brandon Tripp
    Thomas Hickman

And only MILB FAs I think even have a slim chance of being put on the 40 to keep them from filing are Todd Doolittle and Jeff Allison, and I severely doubt they do for either since both are probably easy re-signs.

Next year we have: Smolinski, Dominguez, Kaminska, Peter Andre, Jennings, Koehler, Villa, and Korpi.

Considering the lack of a need to make room for guys this year, I wonder if they call up Villa/Koehler this Sept to see what they got.

FA from current roster: Will Ohman, Chad Tracy
    Potential non-tenders: Jose Veras, Hector Luna, Ronny Paulino, Andrew Miller
    Potential DFAs: Buente, Brett Sinkbeil, Tim Wood, Brad Davis, Tankersley (If they call him up all of September, he'll probably be Super 2), Carroll

edit: Also in regards to Sept Call ups, they are at 39 now NOT including Paulino (Does he got against 40 man?), and can move CC to the 60 day DL. So room for 1-2 guys without DFAing anybody, so I think Osvaldo will definitely be here in Sept.
    Last edited by nny; 08-30-2010, 03:24 PM.

Arquimedes Caminero, Ramon Benjamin, and Sandy Rosario are all pitchers with pretty good stuff who are also eligible.

IMO Caminero with his stuff surely gets protected before Parcell and maybe even Cishek.

-------------

Evan Reed is also eligible and likely to be protected if his arm injury is not serious.

Any news on Dallas Trahern?
    Last edited by LocoMarlinFan; 08-30-2010, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Thanks, traded guys not so easy to do.

I haven't seen Trahern's friend post in a long time. Have to think that since we kept him around instead of releasing him, we're in good with him to re-sign him as a FA.

Considering those guys are old and in Greensboro, I don't think we protect them. But it is a wonder why they haven't been called up and instead have been dicking around in A ball the past several years even though they've put up good numbers. It's especially curious with Caminero, since he supposedly sits in the upper-90's.

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
        It's especially curious with Caminero, since he supposedly sits in the upper-90's.
        Movement and secondary pitches? There maybe a simple explanation. I don't know about any of these guys.

Comment

BC is hurt with an intercostal muscle so we may call him up and put him on the 60 to make room for someone else, if he is done for the year. I've seen that been done before.
          LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

what more can villanueva and koehler do at AA
            lets go

Comment

Evan Reed is eligible. Him being hurt may give the Marlins a opportunity to not put him on since less teams will be interested.
              LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Working...
              X