No announcement yet.

Our Worst Fears Have Been Realized: Helms Resigned through 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Marlins did their part to fill up the transactions page following Wednesday’s 3-2 win over the Pirates at PNC Park.
    Let’s start with Wes Helms, who the Marlins signed to a one-year, $1 million contract extension. Helms was in the final season of a two-year deal and would have become a free agent.
    “I love it here,” Helms said. “I have a good relationship with the front office, the staff and the players. It’s one of those things where I felt comfortable here. I just didn’t want to test the market this offseason and start over. I can come into spring training and know where I’m going to be. The front office has shown me nothing but respect. They brought me back here and showed me loyalty, and I wanted to repay them with that.
    “After this year it’ll be pretty much a year-to-year discussion with the family about what I want to do. Right now, it’s come in here next year and do what I’ve done here since ‘06…I wanted to be here and be a leader for these young guys with [Mike] Stanton and Logan Morrison, and with [Chris] Coghlan coming back next year. For all these young guys, Gaby [Sanchez], just to keep helping them mature for another year. I think that will really benefit them a lot because they’re on their way. They’re on their way to be superstars and I want to be a part of that. I want to be a part of watching them grow and help them as much as I can.”
    Helms signed, West scratched, Tankerlsey optioned, West DLed, Sanabia and Miller recalled

Comment

I just think he has info on Loria in a compromising position, possibly pictures of the Marlins financial records.
      Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
      Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
      Noah Perio
      Jupiter
      39 AB
      15 H
      0 2B
      0 3B
      0 HR
      0 BB
      .385/.385/.385

Comment

POSSIBLY!

Comment

The real question is how did he acquire them?
          Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
          Noah Perio
          Jupiter
          39 AB
          15 H
          0 2B
          0 3B
          0 HR
          0 BB
          .385/.385/.385

Comment

Wes Helms is a carpetbagger.

Comment

More like worlds greatest detective. Allegedly.
              Noah Perio
              Jupiter
              39 AB
              15 H
              0 2B
              0 3B
              0 HR
              0 BB
              .385/.385/.385

Comment

So no one expected this to happen?
                LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Just go ahead and sign him to an eleventy billion dollar deal, for eleventy gajillion years

Comment

Eleventy billion dollars over eleventy gajillion years isn't very much in annual salary.
                    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Originally posted by Todd View Post
                      My worst fear is carnies. Small hands, smell like cabbage. Wes Helms being a Fish for another year is a close 2nd though.
                      Don't stereotype people. I am a carny, have big hands, and do not smell like cabbage.

Comment

Originally posted by Chewie View Post
                        Eleventy billion dollars over eleventy gajillion years isn't very much in annual salary.
                        My point

Such a steal

Comment

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
                          Originally posted by Madman81
                          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Working...
                          X