Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JJ Not Good, Stanton Good As Marlins Lose to Reds 7-2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JJ Not Good, Stanton Good As Marlins Lose to Reds 7-2.

Nobody cares anyway.

Mike Stanton keeps me watching and caring.

Comment

I only watch Stanton's AB now.
      Christian Yelich
      LF, Greensboro Grasshoppers
      12/5/1991 - 19 years old

.299/.375/.461/.836
      100-334, 24 2B, 0 3B, 10 HR, 38 BB, 74 SO, 26 SB (4 CS)

------------------------------------

Last 10 Games:
      .394/.512/.697/1.155

Last Update: 7/27/2011

Comment

I cannot remember a time where I felt so indifferent towards this team. Its kinda been bothering me for awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by Festa View Post
          I cannot remember a time where I felt so indifferent towards this team. Its kinda been bothering me for awhile.
          2007?

Was even worse then because there wasn't a Stanton. Sure watching Hanley and Cabs and the offense was cool but then you had to watch them on defense and Chris Seddon making starts

Comment

I still watched that team.

Comment

That was not a fun game to be at. It was hot and humid all night, the defense was suspect, the offense was bad (accept for Stanton) and JJ was not good. So glad I ran through O'Hare to make sure I could get to this game on time.

Comment

JJ not having a good 2nd half. Maybe hit the wall?

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
                  2007?
                  That's the year I went from casual fan to hardcore (e.g., watching a handful of games to watching or listening to 100+ in full)!
                  Sanchez life

Comment

Jose Veras asked me on the terrace outside the stadium at 3pm how to get to the clubhouse. That was fun.

I met and had brief conversations with Rich and Tommy. It was cool.

Comment

JJ was probably pissed he missed Mark Hamil yesterday.
                      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Originally posted by AdamRavs View Post
                        JJ not having a good 2nd half. Maybe hit the wall?
                        Last year he put up a 2.74 era and a .595 OPSa in the 1st half and a 4.00 era and a .682 OPSa in the 2nd half.

So far this season, he's got a 4.17 era and a .722 OPSa in the 2nd half.

In 06, his only other season with more than 14 starts, he had a 2.30era and a .651 OPSa after 14 starts and then a 4.10era and a .757 OPSa the rest of the way.

Maybe this is a thing.

Comment

Yeah. It's weird. Ricky has the same discrepancy, except he's awesome in the second half but, well, not great in the first half.

JJ kinda makes more sense. He may wear down as the season progresses. Just thinking about that logically, maybe he's not built to throw 220+ innings of Cy-caliber ball, even when considering his stuff and his body type. Maybe it's not a great idea to throw JJfor 110+ pitches in May.

Ricky? Maybe he just takes longer to get his shit together. I dunno. A pitcher who improves his performance as the season progresses and his workload increases would seem to be an anomaly to what would intuitively be expected.

Or it's just random variance that will sort itself out over the course of their careers. But it's something to look at when considering the workload of both JJ and Ricky.

Comment

Working...
                          X