X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postgame: Marlins Owner Roy Halladay and the Phillies Beat Fish, 6-1

that was not for me

season on life support or is it?... it is

Many opportunities gone to waste. Too many mental errors, and was it me or did it seem like every ball hit to Luna was off his glove? I freaking hate that guy.

Comment

Uggla looked ugly with the glove too. Playoff hopes have been over since losing the JJ start in San Fran. Just enjoy watching the young guys play.

Comment

I wasnt able to watch the game. How did West pitch, as bad as line indicated? or did the defense betrayed him?
        Originally posted by Matt Wilson
        Fish and Chips just became the smartest man on the board
        Tom Koehler(4-0)
        AAA: 7 GS, 40.2 IP, 2.66 ERA, 34 H, 12 ER, 17 BB, 31 SO, GO/AO 0.87, BAA .233 , 1.25 WHIP

Comment

Defense betrayed him, he pitched pretty well in my eyes.

2 of the runs were off Halladays bat

Comment

Well when you lob a breaking ball down the pipe to the pitcher there is a good chance of bad things happening. He'll learn from that though.

Comment

Originally posted by Fish and Chips View Post
              I wasnt able to watch the game. How did West pitch, as bad as line indicated? or did the defense betrayed him?
              Maybe this will help a little bit.

West, who started this season in the minors after struggling with his control in spring training and battling a back injury in April, wasn't sharp. But he didn't get much defensive help.

Cody Ross had trouble tracking a deep fly ball to center by Ruiz in the fourth. Ross spun around twice as he retreated before the ball fell harmlessly in for a double. After Wilson Valdez was intentionally walked to load the bases with two outs, Halladay stung a ball down the third-base line. Hector Luna, making his first big-league start since Sept. 30, 2007, dove to his right to try to knock the ball down. But it scooted away, allowing two runners to score and make it 4-1.

Uggla then let a ball go through his legs on a tailor-made double play in the fifth. The error led to an unearned run when Ruiz slapped a two-out RBI single to left.

West, who went 8-6 with a 4.79 ERA in 20 starts as rookie, lasted only five innings, throwing 81 pitches, giving up nine hits and one walk, and striking out four.
              Halladay turns back Florida Marlins again

Also,

Sub-prime Phillies got to West early for back-to-back homers to open the second inning as Ben Francisco drove a 3-2 pitch into the blue seats in left and Carlos Ruiz connected on the next pitch. They came into the game with three homers apiece.
              West gets clinic from Doc Halladay
              Last edited by THE_REAL_MIBS; 08-03-2010, 10:09 PM.

Comment

We losed. But in better news, I am going to Thursday and Fridays nights games, itll be my first time to old Pro Player since 2007. So if we are saving our wins for those nights, then its ok that we didnt win this once.

Comment

At least West went 5 innings. Can't ask much more than that.

Comment

I love that mibs hates West.

Comment

What I was surprised by were all the right-handed bats that Philly had. Where did they come from? I know Utley, Howard and Victorino are on the DL but I wasn't expecting Philly to trot out 7 right-handed batters (including Halladay). I can't even remember a time when I saw a Phillies lineup with that many righties.
                      --------------------
                      Originally posted by Swift View Post
                      I love that mibs hates West.
                      And what did I say that was hating on West? I quoted two beat writers that I thought had the best/most info on what happened. I didn't say anything at all about my own personal feelings towards West.
                      Last edited by THE_REAL_MIBS; 08-03-2010, 10:37 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Hector Luna was stunned too that Major League players on the opposite Major League team came up to bat and as a result, he didnt get to balls hit out of his reach, and as a result, you were right, he is just the Chris Volstad thing in the history of baseball.

Comment

Working...
                        X