West Likely to Start for Marlins on Tuesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Likely to Start for Marlins on Tuesday

joecapMARLINS#Marlins leaning toward LHP Sean West on Tursday vs Phils. West sked to start AAA today.
    /Twitter

I believe he means Tuesday.

Also, West was scheduled to start the first game of the double header today but the probable pitcher picture on the Zephyrs site changed to Mendez about 10 minutes ago. West is no longer scheduled to start. Now, it looks like he gets to face Halladay and the Phillies on Tuesday. Welcome back.

Possibly without Ryan Howard who had to be carried off after hurting his ankle.

Comment

TIFM.
      poop

Comment

Thanks, I'm Frank McGee?

Comment

This is fuhrer mein?

Comment

Truckers In Faith Ministries

Comment

Manager Edwin Rodriguez said the Marlins are leaning toward calling up left-hander Sean West to start Tuesday against the Phillies.

West was scheduled to start today in a double-header. The plan was to scratch him, but Marlins want to wait to make sure the Zephyrs didn’t need him in relief in one of the games.
              Leaning West

Comment

I don't mind West coming up but I just wish they would wait and slot him in on Saturday. Waiting would give us a little better pitching matchups, particularly for the Phillies series. If we kept everyone on regular rest, we'd have Anibal vrs. Halladay, Volstad vrs. Kendrick, Ricky vrs. Oswalt and JJ vrs. Wainwright. I think we match up better this way than throwing West against Halladay and pushing everyone else back a day.

Comment

I'd rather West face the Phillies.
                  poop

Comment

We don't have any idea what we're going to get out of West. Forget that he's a lefty. This is an extremely important series if we want to get back into the race. I would rather throw the two guys that just worked into the 9th inning against two really good major league teams against Phillies two best pitchers than only have one of them pitch against neither of those two guys.

As I said, we have no idea what we're going to get from West. Yes, he threw a CGSO in his last start in AAA but his previous two starts were not very good. This is such an important series. I'd rather not throw out a crap shoot against one of the best pitchers in baseball.

Comment

He's a groundballin' lefty who strikes people out. He should be ok there.

If anything, going with 3 guys who supressed HRs at a decent rate or better rather than Ricky who gives up tons of HRs is the best move here.
                      poop

Comment

Working...
                      X