Bullpen Bails Out Volstad, Timely Homers Lead Fish to 4-2 Win

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postgame: Bullpen Bails Out Volstad, Timely Homers Lead Fish to 4-2 Win

Man, games like tonight show me the potential we have. Go get us another pen arm or two and let's make a run at this.

Oh yeah, right now LoMo might be cooler then Stanton.

was a nice game to watch. Curious why we never called Brett Caroll back up his defensive glove would seem to be a nice late inning replacement

Comment

Fip, your constant bashing of Volstad about everything is getting really old. Your title would have been better served for a game like Sanabia's the other day. Allowing only two runs against a hot team with the best record in baseball and getting pulled with a two run lead and runner on first does not constitute having to be bailed out.

Comment

His WHIP was 2 tonight. He's lucky to have only had the mediocre start that he had.

Comment

Volstad was ok for a 5th starter, which is perfectly fine with me. Badenhop was the man like always. We are errorless and undefeated without Boots, coincidence? I think not.

Comment

Originally posted by TealMonster08 View Post
            We are errorless and undefeated without Boots, coincidence? I think not.
            I'm glad someone pointed that out.

Comment

Bullpen was the bees knees. I thought I was dreaming.

Comment

Since the All Star break, we're 10-5

Yet we're being out-hit 137-111

Even in the 10 games we've won, we've been out hit 82-77, which includes a one hitter lol.

And in those 10 games we've won, we've only out-hit the opponent twice.

We're winning but our offense isn't really making it pretty

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
                  Since the All Star break, we're 10-5

Yet we're being out-hit 137-111

Even in the 10 games we've won, we've been out hit 82-77, which includes a one hitter lol.

And in those 10 games we've won, we've only out-hit the opponent twice.

We're winning but our offense isn't really making it pretty
                  And it explains why we aren't buyers because a bullpen arm and a bat would cost far to much to put this team in a good position to make it close and it is better for the organization to finish off the season and fill the holes in the offseason (although I see them not doing anything major to improve the bullpen and expect the bullpen to be a bunch of young guys, has beens and a few never was's + leo)

Comment

What percentage of their hits go for xbh?. And ours? If we're giving up lots of singles and blasting doubles left and right then we can live with that.

Comment

But the real question is, how much have we been outhit in the games following Jorge Can't-do's (ehe I made a bad pun) trade?

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                        What percentage of their hits go for xbh?. And ours? If we're giving up lots of singles and blasting doubles left and right then we can live with that.
                        and walks as well

I don't care enough to look deep into that kind of stuff, I was just interested in seeing how much we were being out-hit by because it seemed we hadn't out-hit anyone outside of the one-hitter (and ends up being really close to that).

Comment

Working...
                        X