X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlins TV Ratings Down 12.1%

-Sports Business Journal

Whoops

And weren't the talking heads always saying that the reason we'll be good in the new stadium is because our ratings are good but people don't wanna sweat or get rained on? I think we are going to have a situation like they have in Pittsburgh.
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

The Marlins were high on that list in 2008. Last year they were middle of the pack.
      --------------------
      And TV ratings does no equal attendance success. Look at LA, near the bottom in TV ratings near the top in average attendance.
      --------------------
      They were 16th in 2009: http://www.bizofbaseball.com/index.p...ion&Itemid=122
      --------------------
      Originally posted by markotsay7 View Post
      Whoops

And weren't the talking heads always saying that the reason we'll be good in the new stadium is because our ratings are good but people don't wanna sweat or get rained on? I think we are going to have a situation like they have in Pittsburgh.
      19 years of shitty baseball and low attendance?
      Last edited by Party; 07-26-2010, 10:12 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by Festa View Post
        And TV ratings does no equal attendance success. Look at LA, near the bottom in TV ratings near the top in average attendance.
        Not to mention that the Reds and Rays are also in the top 10 in TV ratings and bottom 10 in attendance. The only teams who really suck both attendance and ratings wise are the Marlins and A's, and to a lesser extent the Nats, Royals, and Orioles.

Comment

Didn't read the article, but does that incorporate MLB.tv at all? I think that is pretty influential on TV ratings across the board.

Comment

The Rays kick ass on TV. I guess that's a good thing, although it's probably a bunch of d-bag Red Sox and Yanks fans watching.
            This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Wilson View Post
              Didn't read the article, but does that incorporate MLB.tv at all? I think that is pretty influential on TV ratings across the board.
              Nope. This does not even include the entire state of Florida as far as I can tell. It is either MIA+FTL and WPB or MIA+FTL. I'd be able to tell you which it was if I knew how many satellite HHs there are in both areas.

Comment

I could be wrong but is this the first season there has been a drastic decline in ratings?

Comment

Probably since 2006 compared to 2005. I still have a chart from 2007 and they were up 19% compared to 2006.

Comment

I'd posit that with the already fragmented fan base of the Fish, the rise of MLB.tv has dampened the local TV ratings.
                    --------------------
                    Although you are blacked out from watching if you're Orlando and north... since that's so close to the stadium and all...
                    Last edited by Metes; 07-26-2010, 12:06 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Good. The front office's incompetence shouldn't be rewarded by blind faith.
                      God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                      - Daft

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Wilson View Post
                        Although you are blacked out from watching if you're Orlando and north... since that's so close to the stadium and all...
                        I think it's perfectly reasonable, it's only 8 hours round trip, there's no excuse.
                        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Working...
                        X