Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Co-dy! Co-dy! Co-dy! Co-dy! (Cody Trade Talks)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Co-dy! Co-dy! Co-dy! Co-dy! (Cody Trade Talks)

At Prime 112 on Thursday, Cody Ross paid for -- and sent over -- a drink for Marlins executive Larry Beinfest and delivered a good-natured ``don't trade me'' message. Beinfest then picked up Ross' dinner bill. The Marlins are asking a lot for Ross (quality prospects on the cusp of the majors), two MLB sources said.
    http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_r...f=twitter_feed
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

This is nice to hear, Cody is a guy I'd want to keep around and I'm glad their asking price is high

Comment

i highly doubt they tender him a contract if he's here in the offseason
      Originally posted by Madman81
      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

I can't see them nontendering Cody, considering they're looking at extending Uggla and Nolasco and supposedly are telling teams that they'll offer Cantu arby (which I don't believe, but whatevs).

Also:

• The Marlins have received more inquiries about Leo Nuñez than any other player (Red Sox, Yankees, others) but told people they do not want to trade him.
        Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/07/2...#ixzz0uhss556P

Boo that.

Comment

Yankees are still after Ross but not willing to pay the price that we want. Yankees are willing to trade prospects but we want a ML Ready arm and a prospect,the LA Dodgers are another team talking about him but want pitching more than a bat

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
            Yankees are still after Ross but not willing to pay the price that we want. Yankees are willing to trade prospects but we want a ML Ready arm and a prospect,the LA Dodgers are another team talking about him but want pitching more than a bat
            LOL They had Ross years ago and traded him away.....

Comment

Im sure thats a move they regret daily...

Comment

Braves just traded Tim Collins as part of the package to acquire Ankiel and Farnsworth. Me thinks he would have traded Ross for Collins

Comment

Working...
                X