Matt Lindstrom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Lindstrom

Im not sure what you guys think about this but I was at the game yesterday and i think that was Matt's best inning of the entire season. He wasnt overthrowing, he was working the strike zone, and his breaking ball looked great, one pitch almost looked like a curve although i know he has never featured one. He did give up a couple hard hits on fastballs but what pitcher in our bullpen doesnt?

I was at the game so maybe this looked better/worse on TV, fill me in. But i think this shows that he may be more suited for a less stressfull, 7th or 8th inning role.
    STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Yea he did look really good, the main thing is he was throwing his slider (which does look like a curve) for strikes. If you can throw an 81 mph slider for a strike and then throw a 99 mph fastball the next pitch, that is nasty. I think his 3rd pitch is a splitter(?) but i didnt really notice it his last outing.

Comment

That slider was breaking more vertically than i have ever seen, but its just one appearance. Lets see how he does next time out.
      --------------------
      Takes more than one outing to change my mind about him lolz
      Last edited by BigGameFish; 08-04-2009, 05:16 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
      STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

Lindstrom has always had potential to be dominant.
        It's the fact that he falls back on the 98mph fast ball whenever he's in trouble.
        And MLB hitters are going to square up on it after seeing a steady diet of them.
        "The Marlins are going to lose because they don't have two magical unicorns having sex in the bathroom"
        -Dan LeBatard

Comment

Working...
        X