Re: Gaby Bunting...It Wasn't Edwin!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gaby Bunting...It Wasn't Edwin!

I don't see a thread for this so excuse me if double posted, but since everyone is in here

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/f...,7482477.story

The first few paragraphs are

For those Marlins fans that cringed at hot-hitting Gaby Sanchez bunting in the first inning last week in Baltimore and again on Monday, don't lambaste interim manager Edwin Rodriguez.

On both occasions Sanchez bunted on his own volition. He likely won't be doing it again anytime soon. Rodriguez spoke with Sanchez before Tuesday's game and discouraged the practice.

"I don't like that play," Rodriguez said. "He's not a normal second hitter … I said, 'Listen, I was giving you the benefit of the doubt, but to be honest I don't like to take the bat away from you. You can hit a double.' I don't like that play. I want him to be a little more aggressive."
    EDWIN
    Last edited by lou; 06-29-2010, 08:52 PM.

Did Gaby also sub himself out for Helms for defense?

Comment

well this is likable news

Comment

I <3 Edwin.

Comment

This makes me like Edwin more.

Comment

I like Eddie for that, but I hate that he's still doing the Fredi thing of taking Gaby out in late innings
            Originally posted by Madman81
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

I have nothing to support this, but maybe this is a front office mantra of sorts. Pulling Gaby late in games.

Comment

That's what I was thinking.

Comment

Working...
                X