No announcement yet.

Marlins Dispose of Mets 10-3 in Puerto Rico

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They beat the Mets by a lot, and that makes me happy. We still have to catch up though.
    http://i804.photobucket.com/albums/y...Kosmokards.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by PitchingWinsGames View Post

Run expectancy chart, you can make up the situations in your head
      I believe that chart stands for the average runs scored per inning in that situation, hence some of the figueres being over 1. A better chart would be, what is the run probability for scoring ONCE with runner on 2nd no out, or runner on 3rd one out. That would change the scenario from whoever said runner on 2nd in the 9th, etc

I think sac bunting is stupid 99% of the time, but just need to drop a footnote that run expectancy and scoring 1 run are different monsters.

Comment

Well, in this argument though, it does help illustrate the point at hand (that it's a bad idea, generally) but yeah, good call pointing that out

Also, it's for 99-02, when (I think, offhand) run scoring numbers were notably higher, so the numbers should be down, but the differences should be similar.
        CSBC Commish

Comment

Originally posted by PitchingWinsGames View Post

Run expectancy chart, you can make up the situations in your head
          This chart is incorrect, as the Marlins' run expectancy with no outs and a man on third is 0.
          God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
          - Daft

Comment

Originally posted by Sandroimbuto
            anyone see the Mets fan celebrating after he caught the Stanton HR?
            I did.

Comment

Working...
            X