Rockies Interested in Uggla

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumor: Rockies Interested in Uggla

Troy Renck of the Denver Post reports that the Rockies are "monitoring" the trade market among infielders, including Dan Uggla of the Marlins and Ty Wigginton and the Orioles.
    The Rockies have an obvious need in their middle infield now that Troy Tulowitzki is expected to miss 6-8 weeks with a broken left wrist, so either would signify an upgrade over some of their more inexperienced options at second base. Acquiring a second baseman would allow Clint Barmes to stay at shortstop until Tulo is ready to return.

I'm all for this, get us some pitching for Uggla, move Cogz to 2b, then call up Morrison and stick him in LF

Reassess by July 25.
    poop

Comment

They actually match up as a good trade partner though.

They have 2-3 really good young SP prospects with Friederich, Chacin, and Matzek. Quite a few power bullpen arms like Morales, Buchholz, and Brothers. And Ryan Spilboroughs is completely expendable with Fowler in the minors. He's cheap for at least 2 years and is a perfect Cody replacement to cover for Maybin next year if he struggles. Perfect throw in guy who is valuable for us.

I'm not opposed to keeping Uggla, but if you can a 3 player package like that, even if you send back something like A. miller or Tucker or Vanden Hurk in the process, that's a big longterm upgrade, and allows you to immediately move Cody.

Just saying.

Comment

I agree
        "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
        - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

definitely to what lou said. i'd be all about that.

they won't do it though, they'd play boner at 2b
          Originally posted by Madman81
          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

I won't say much about Uggla cause most know what I think however Colorado is looking at Ty Wigginton alot harder right now due to the fact he will come cheaper and can play the utility spot(1B,2B,3B,OF,PH) without crying about it

Lou is correct tho they match up great and a Spilboroughs,Morales,and Friederich offer would get us listening. This would then let us move Cody to SF or the Yankees for prospects.

Not on topic but Arizona,Minnesota and Detroit are interested in Pinto. More or less for a prospect and/or cash

Comment

I doubt they trade Matzek but even if they wanted to, I don't think they could- you would have to wait a year after the person is signed I believe, or is it when they are drafted?

If we somehow got Christian Friederich, I'd flip.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                Reassess by July 25.
                This.

I know we haven't looked too great, but it's June 22nd. It's way too early to throw in the towel. It was right around this time last year that we caught fire.

Comment

i would want friedrich more than the others. i love that kid.
                  Originally posted by Madman81
                  Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                  Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by DropkickAlex View Post
                    I doubt they trade Matzek but even if they wanted to, I don't think they could- you would have to wait a year after the person is signed I believe, or is it when they are drafted?

If we somehow got Christian Friederich, I'd flip.
                    Well they can make him a PTBNL and when he his 1 year then they can announce him however 0% chance they deal him. Friederich is what a package would be built around if they would offer.

Wigginton seems to be the target tho for them at this moment.

Comment

Gettin Wiggy wit it!

Comment

I wouldn't trade Uggla

Comment

Originally posted by markotsay7 View Post
                          i would want friedrich more than the others. i love that kid.
                          He's struggling now in AA, which is odd but if we could add him for Uggla and move Coghlan to 2B and Morrison to LF, it would be tempting. We lose a lot of HRs but I assume we gain a little in fielding and if Morrison can bring some pop Ugglas bat wouldn't be to much of a lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                            I wouldn't trade Uggla
                            I wouldn't either, I'd sign him for 4 and see if Coghlan can play 3B for next year, but have to admit the Rockies are a good spot if they have to trade him because of Loria/whatever.

----

Orioles just got Jake Fox, who is very Wiggintonish (minus the 2B). Wigginton is as good as gone if they get a good RP prospect making a lot of this moot.

Comment

I want to trade Uggla but not to Colorado. I am not a fan of any of their prospects.
                              LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Working...
                              X