No announcement yet.

JJ Shuts Down Rays While Leo Closes The Door in Fish 4-1 Victory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed. Individually it shows that JJ has been better but the voters never look at the numbers I posted. It's just W-L and ERA

Comment

Ever since I said Ed is better than Wes. He's been a beast.
      This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

JJ will finish behind Strasburg in the Cy voting

Comment

Between JJ, Strasburg, Jimenez, Halladay and the closers we have, if the NL doesnt win the All star game, they never will.

Comment

if Strasburg makes the All-Star Game, I will line up 15 babies and punch them in the face

he's gonna have made like 6 starts when the game is played

Comment

Strasburg is going to make it to the All-Star Game, you know it.

Not to mention that he's gonna win the Cy if Ubaldo's ERA goes above 2. JJ isn't even a consideration unless he throws perfect games from here on out in every start.
              This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

Originally posted by Fritz View Post
                Strasburg is going to make it to the All-Star Game, you know it.

Not to mention that he's gonna win the Cy if Ubaldo's ERA goes above 2. JJ isn't even a consideration unless he throws perfect games from here on out in every start.
                Strasburg has pitched 3 major league games against teams that have the 23rd 25th and 28th OPS in MLB. I know the kid is good but there is no guarantee he is going to keep this up this season.

Johnson has had quality starts in all but his first 2 starts which he said he wasn't ready for opening day. Didn't he miss starts in spring training?(flu) If he finishes up the season with 18+ wins a sub 2 era a whip hovering around 1 and 200 Ks. He probably wins it unless Strasburg goes nuts and pitches multiple perfect games or Ubaldo keeps up his absurd pace. Eventually Ubaldo will start getting some no decisions. Starting pitchers don't get a decision every game and will get a few losses on mediocre teams even if they only gave up 1 or 2 runs.

Comment

Originally posted by jay576 View Post
                  Eventually Ubaldo will start getting some no decisions. Starting pitchers don't get a decision every game and will get a few losses on mediocre teams even if they only gave up 1 or 2 runs.
                  Pretty sure this could apply to JJ too.

I mean, Ubaldo pitches for a team with a winning record.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugg View Post
                    Pretty sure this could apply to JJ too.

I mean, Ubaldo pitches for a team with a winning record.
                    JJ already has 5 no decisions and a loss to the phillies on may 29th. So I don't understand your point it already applies to him.

Comment

Quite simple.

Your point was that Ubaldo may not keep piling on wins because Colorado is mediocre. Implying that Colorado being mediocre could help JJ stay/move up in the race.

Hugg says Rockies > Marlins so the Marlins might not win as many games for JJ as the Rockies win for Ubaldo. Therefore making your point invalid.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                        Quite simple.

Your point was that Ubaldo may not keep piling on wins because Colorado is mediocre. Implying that Colorado being mediocre could help JJ stay/move up in the race.

Hugg says Rockies > Marlins so the Marlins might not win as many games for JJ as the Rockies win for Ubaldo. Therefore making your point invalid.
                        My point is completely valid they're both great pitchers having great years on mediocre teams. Ubaldo just has been extremely lucky that he has gotten all those wins instead of a few no decisions/losses. Eventually the law of averages will even this out. Unless one of their performance suffers or one gets injured the case could be made for either JJ or Ubaldo to win the Cy Young.

Besides that I think JJ has a better chance of maintaining his current pace than Ubaldo does.

Comment

Based on what?

Ubaldo Jimenez was supposed to be really good, this isn't like the surprise of the century or anything. I mean, it's not like he's getting lucky, his stuff is absolutely disgusting.

I'm not trying to knock Josh in any way, he's insanely good. Just to be clear.
                          Last edited by HUGG; 06-21-2010, 11:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X