Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NateRob to Fredi: You Should Not Have Skipped Me, Marlins Lose Game 2 in St. Pete 6-5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LocoMarlinFan View Post
    In that case Tucker definitely has an option remaining.

Regardless of how many options he has I'll be surprised if he is a Marlin next yr.
    Me, too. From what I've read, the organization is not very happy with him right now. They're probably more likely to just cut ties with him than try to make room for him on the team next year.

Comment

I cannot find that article.

I honestly don't remember how Vandy received that extra option. Sorry guys
      LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Originally posted by flamarlin21 View Post
        Guys Out of options for next year (that are on the verge of not being with the team);

Rick VandenHurk
        Andrew Miller
        Taylor Tankersley
        Ryan Tucker
        Brett Carroll
        If Maybin is optioned this season is he added to this list?

if not you figure
        Carroll is the 4th outfielder
        Tank is the loogy
        RVH is somewhere on the team (FO always seemed to like him)
        Tucker is just shipped out for anything (Didn't he get placed on the restricted list or something for throwing a hissy fit)
        Miller is the only one who currently would be a burden on the roster.

Even if you add Maybin as a 5th outfielder, it won't mess up the bench. It just eliminates that useless guy on the bench.

Miller is the only one who cant be put to use without improving.

If one of the Sanchez, JJ, Nolasco or Volstad is not on the team or on the DL next year you figure RVH takes there place and you hope West continues what hes doing now and takes the 5th spot in the rotation. With Tank as your loogy and pinto or hunter jones in the pen miller isnt needed as a lefty in the pen. And RVH is most likely stashed there as a long guy/emergency starter if he can't be useful as a set up man.

Miller needs to do something soon.

Comment

Correct. I wondered the same thing as well. I found something back in ST (when he was sent down) somewhat explaining why he was able to be sent down a fourth year. I think it had something to do with the number of days he was sent down. I'll see if I can find it.
          It was because he was under 5 years of pro service time. If you're under 5 years of pro service time, you get four optoins
          --------------------
          Ok missed page 2

He had more than 5 years, he was signed in 2003.
          Pro years only count full season leagues, not short season leagues. It's not like Rule 5 draft that it's time of signing, it's like arbitration in that it's days of service, and only full season leagues count

"A full season is defined as being on an active pro roster for at least 90 days in a season. (If a player is put on the disabled list after earning 60 or more days of service in a single season, his time on the DL is counted.). "

--------------------
          Originally posted by jay576 View Post
          If Maybin is optioned this season is he added to this list?
          Yep
          Last edited by nny; 06-13-2010, 10:18 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by jay576 View Post
            Tucker is just shipped out for anything (Didn't he get placed on the restricted list or something for throwing a hissy fit)
            Yes. He has been suspended indefinitely. This is the second time that he has been suspended for throwing a fit on the mound, too.

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
              It was because he was under 5 years of pro service time. If you're under 5 years of pro service time, you get four optoins
              --------------------
              Ok missed page 2

Pro years only count full season leagues, not short season leagues. It's not like Rule 5 draft that it's time of signing, it's like arbitration in that it's days of service, and only full season leagues count

"A full season is defined as being on an active pro roster for at least 90 days in a season. (If a player is put on the disabled list after earning 60 or more days of service in a single season, his time on the DL is counted.). "

--------------------

Yep
              Even so if 03 doesn't count, he still would have five years 04-09, that's 5 years, right?
              LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Look at how many games he started in 2005 (6, so around 30 days) and 2006 (3, so around 15 days). He didn't have enough days of service time (Look at the DL requirement, it requires 60 days of service time prior to being put on the DL for time on the DL to count).

2004, 2007, 2008, 2009 = 4 years

Comment

Working...
                X