Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wiill the Marlins host the 2015 All Star Game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiill the Marlins host the 2015 All Star Game?

USA today writer tweeted this -http://mobile.twitter.com/BNightengale/status/15972259724

Royals 2012....... Why???????
    Mets 2013
    Twins 2014
    Nationals 2015

So I guess Marlins 2016

Marlins won't be 2016 because it has to be an AL team

2017 is most likely. I'll be 30 then, we were supposed to have our All Star Game when I was 13. Jesus.
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
      Royals 2012....... Why???????
      Voter funded $275 million renovations.
      --------------------
      Also, Samson hinted we were a lock for the 2015 ASG.
      Last edited by Party; 06-12-2010, 09:19 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

it seems he was wrong about it, along with the season-ending pile
        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

At least he has a pile of shit in the bullpen.

Comment

Anything Sampson says, it's the opposite. I despise that man.
            LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

As he helped lead a tour of his team’s ballpark construction site on Thursday, Florida Marlins president David Samson reiterated the team’s desire to host a Major League Baseball All-Star Game in the new venue as soon as 2015.

“We’re going to submit a bid for the 2015 All-Star Game,” Samson said from a spot on the construction site overlooking home plate and with a view of downtown Miami. “We firmly expect it to be awarded because our bid will be so persuasive, given what’s going on in Miami, given what’s going on in this new ballpark. The Marlins had a game taken away and it’s time to get it back.”

The Marlins had been scheduled to host the 2000 All-Star Game at what was then named Pro Player Stadium, but in 1998, Commissioner Bud Selig moved the game to Atlanta’s Turner Field. The reason given was the region’s lack of a new, modern baseball-only ballpark. But the region was also still stinging from then-Marlins owner H. Wayne Huizenga’s decision to dismantle the Marlins after the team won the 1997 World Series.

Samson said he’s convinced the new ballpark will be awarded the sport’s Mid-Summer Classic.

“We feel more confident than ever that putting an All-Star game in Miami under the air conditioning, will be a win for baseball and we feel the commissioner will agree.”

Ground was broken a year ago for the new ballpark and construction on the former site of the Orange Bowl stadium is more than 40 percent complete. The media was given its quarterly tour of the construction, which included stops at different levels behind home plate with views toward the outfield and downtown Miami.

Concessions stands are already taking shape – complete with the bright-colored tile that is part of the ballpark’s signature style. There will be four color quadrants – blue, yellow, red and green – borrowed from Spanish painter Joan Miro’s palette that will easily help fans identify where they are in the ballpark. Already, blue tile has gone up in concession areas.

The seating bowl should be completed by the end of August.

The Marlins have completed priority ticket sales for existing full-season ticket holders and are opening up full season ticket sales to the public – starting with premium seating – on Monday. Samson said 97 percent of existing full season ticket holders have committed to buying seats in the new ballpark, which is scheduled to open in April 2012.
              http://blogs.trb.com/sports/custom/b...ns_to_bid.html

still don't know that they'd give it to us in year 3 of the ballpark before washington gets it. seems like they'd want to show off washington and the move working, especially if strasburg and harper are in full swing

Comment

Working...
              X