Season Ticket Price Hikes at the New Ballpark Are Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Season Ticket Price Hikes at the New Ballpark Are Here

They are here. Earlier this week the Marlins unveiled pricing for season tickets at the new stadium.

Many of these prices for season tickets are inline with individual game tickets in equivalent sections at Sun Life Stadium. Yikes!

For comparison season ticket packages at Sun Life Stadium:

Below is a chart comparing the costs of season ticket packages at Sun Life and the new ballpark. Sun Life Stadium sections and prices are on the left. The right side consists of the prices at the new ballpark. Each row in the chart is the equivalent of that section at either stadium. So for example, the Batters Box section equivalent at the new ballpark would be the Diamond Club. The last two columns on the right are the differences in prices between equivalent sections and seats.

Those are some serious hikes in the lower and club levels.

One huge change between Sun Life and the new ballpark will be upper deck season tickets. Since 2003, season tickets in the upper deck have not been offered. The season ticket prices in the upper deck ($10-$20 per game) are on par/cheaper than current individual game Upper Deck A ($15-$25) and Upper Deck B ($12-$20) seats.

There will be a 28% price drop between Power Alley (Club Level C) seats and leftfield Bullpen Reserved seating. This is because the leftfield Bullpen Reserved will not have club level access like the Power Alley. However, these seats will not be 30+ feet from field level as in Sun Life.

It is easy to get caught up in a 190% price hike. But it is important to note that in all likelihood these seats will be the new ballpark's equivalent of 'VIP' seats at Sun Life. These are the first row in certain sections. I will comeback to this at a later date when there is more info on just how the price structure will work.

I spoke with my ticket representative earlier this week. The Marlins are requiring 20% down on 2012 Season Ticket Packages. The prices being offered now to STHs are lower than the ones listed in the chart. However, the prices will begin to rise to the levels on the chart as Opening Day 2012 moves closer and available packages are expanded.

I'm not sure which section it applies to, but some (most?) of the expensive seats are all inclusive with parking and food/drink (including alcohol) in the price of the ticket. Removes the sticker shock a little, i guess.

I'm meant to go for the selection process a week from Monday. I'll pass on what happens.

Comment

Do you know when single game tickets will go on sale? Specifically the first game in the ballpark.

Comment

Probably Feb of 2012, but I'd say there's a very good chance that game is not sold individually.

MLB either doesn't enforce the individual sale rule or is allowing flexibility because of how bad the economy is hurting sales because the Dodgers aren't selling individual tickets to their series with the Yankees this summer, instead requiring people to buy some sort of ticket plan to get into the game. I'd assume we'd do the same with the opener for the new park.

Also, if they tell me they need 20% down for 2012 on Monday, June 21, 2010, I'm probably going to tell them to go fuck themselves. Price it into the 2011 renewal or something.

Comment

Went down there today to pick out seats at the new place. Unless you're paying for the first row of the section, the prices aren't drastically out of whack. Only drawback is the batter's box area is now 8 rows instead of 3.

The equivalent of my 3 seats in the new place is about the same when you factor in that parking is priced into the tickets. They don't require payment in full, just a deposit which is relatively reasonable, and they don't start charging towards 2012 until after 2011.

I'm very excited. Section 13, row 3 at the new ballpark!

Comment

oh... so parking is included with the season tickets? That's a completely different story then. I got the packet in the mail with the brochure the other day. It's like 20% now, 30% in june 2011, and then the rest by Jan 2012. You also have to keep your current tickets throughout 2011... I might have to reconsider, if parking is included in that price... I didn't think that was the case.

Comment

Priced in to certain seats and you get one spot per pair.

Comment

Originally posted by Swift View Post
                Went down there today to pick out seats at the new place. Unless you're paying for the first row of the section, the prices aren't drastically out of whack. Only drawback is the batter's box area is now 8 rows instead of 3.

The equivalent of my 3 seats in the new place is about the same when you factor in that parking is priced into the tickets. They don't require payment in full, just a deposit which is relatively reasonable, and they don't start charging towards 2012 until after 2011.

I'm very excited. Section 13, row 3 at the new ballpark!
                Are ticket prices lower than those on the chart? (You know early bird special?)

Comment

Tiered based on rows. As far as I'm aware all prices on the charts are for row 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Swift View Post
                    Probably Feb of 2012, but I'd say there's a very good chance that game is not sold individually.

MLB either doesn't enforce the individual sale rule or is allowing flexibility because of how bad the economy is hurting sales because the Dodgers aren't selling individual tickets to their series with the Yankees this summer, instead requiring people to buy some sort of ticket plan to get into the game. I'd assume we'd do the same with the opener for the new park.

Also, if they tell me they need 20% down for 2012 on Monday, June 21, 2010, I'm probably going to tell them to go fuck themselves. Price it into the 2011 renewal or something.

Yeah when I tried to buy seats for one game last year for NYY @ ATL from the main site I couldn't. I had to go the way of stub hub.

So Swift are you suggesting that fans wanting to attend the 1st game at the park will have to buy a series package? I'm actually OK with that if it gets me into the first game.

Comment

Working...
                    X