New Ballpark Season Tickets Officially on Sale Next Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Ballpark Season Tickets Officially on Sale Next Week

When Herman Russomanno takes his seat in the Marlins new ballpark in April 2012, he’ll have a view of the action from behind home plate and an eyeful of one of the venue’s most unique features: two custom-built saltwater aquariums that will serve as the home plate backstop.

Yes, aquariums. Two-way aquariums – meaning their swimming inhabitants can be seen from throughout the ballpark both inside the stadium and from the field.

As construction of the $515 million venue on the former site of the Orange Bowl continued across the street on Thursday, Russomanno officially signed his contract to purchase four Diamond Club – the new version of the Batter’s Box at Sun Life Stadium – seats in the new ballpark. He was the first season ticket holder to pick his seats in the ballpark’s new sales headquarters, which officially opens next week. When you say you want to be in the first row behind home plate, you get to be first in line to buy your seats, Marlins President David Samson said.

“Spectacular view,” said Russomanno, a Miami attorney and original Marlins season ticket holder. “Beautiful vista.”

Russomanno’s seats cost $325 apiece per game, but would have been $395 if he’d waited three months. Season ticket prices start at $10 a game. The ballpark is to have slightly more than 37,000 seats, including about 1,000 designated as standing room. Check out marlins.com for more information.

The aquariums are designed by Living Color Enterprises of Fort Lauderdale. One measures 34 feet long, 3 feet high and holds more than 600 gallons of saltwater. The other is 24 feet long and holds 450 gallons of water. They will be positioned on either side of home plate to prevent disruption in play and will be constructed of durable, bullet-proof materials to prevent shattering by foul balls and errant throws.

The team’s 1,800-square-foot ballpark sales center sits at the corner of Northwest 14th Avenue and Northwest 7th Street across the street from the ballpark construction site – so you can actually monitor construction from its outdoor plaza. The sales center includes giant renderings of the new ballpark, seating charts, a scale model with roof that opens and closes and video scoreboard that works, and a full scale suite with modern white furniture and wood paneling, just like the ones that will be in the new ballpark.

Fans can take a virtual tour of the ballpark, getting to see what the view from the future seats will look like. Two images side by side, show the same view of downtown Miami from the site – one with the Orange Bowl and the other with the ballpark under construction. “The Tradition Evolves” reads a sign over the images.

The Marlins are scheduling appointments with their 5,000 season ticket holders to visit the center and choose full season ticket plans in the new stadium. The team is not yet making partial and mini-plans available, but has promised to work with fans looking for smaller plans by pairing them with other fans seeking similar packages, said Sean Flynn, Marlins vice president of marketing.
    http://blogs.trb.com/sports/custom/b...te_no_600.html

July 14th for me.

I got an appointment on July 15 at 4 pm. I can not wait to check it out and pick my seats.

Comment

I know I've read about it before, but when will seats be available for non-season ticket holders? I don't have any sort of season ticket package (at least at this point in time), but I'd love o go to the first game at the new ballpark.
      Last edited by rmc523; 06-10-2010, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Yeah, I got an email the other day asking me to make an apointment to pick my seats and whatnot. It's really happening a new baseball only park!

Comment

I officially reserved my seats for the new stadium today. I purchased 4 tickets in section 310 row G seats 20, 19, 18, & 17. I am so frickin pumped for 2012.

The sales center is pretty sweet and the replica of the suite was bad ass.

Comment

I was there today!

Comment

Originally posted by Festa View Post
              I was there today!
              Did you get any seats?

I liked how the replica stadium had a functioning scoreboard and roof.

Comment

Not confirmed but we have our seats in waiting.

I did see the model and I asked my sales rep if I could take it home.

Comment

FTF and Festa how much are your season tickets?

Comment

Originally posted by Daft View Post
                    FTF and Festa how much are your season tickets?
                    $15 a game. $1215 per seat for 81 games. I had to put 20% down right now, 30% in June 2011 and the remaining 50% final payment January 2012.

Comment

Same for me. I'm in 136.

Comment

Quick math here but it sounds very reasonable (includes parking right?):

$245.00 now

$425.00 next year

$600 in Jan of 2012

There's no way I'll go to close to 81 games so I have a question for you two. Do you think if I get a 40 game plan it will get me into Opening Day 2012?

Comment

Originally posted by Daft View Post
                          Quick math here but it sounds very reasonable (includes parking right?):

$245.00 now

$425.00 next year

$600 in Jan of 2012

There's no way I'll go to close to 81 games so I have a question for you two. Do you think if I get a 40 game plan it will get me into Opening Day 2012?
                          My tickets did not include parking. Only a few sections have the parking included with their seats. Yeah your numbers are correct, only I purchased 4 seats. I'm not going to go to 81 games either but I do plan on selling them when I do not use them. I have approached quite a few people who are going to purchase games from me and if not I'll post them on Stub Hub.

I have no clue if you get a 40 game package if you will be able to get opening day tickets. I know that the prices will be higher for those packages; according to my sales rep, and they won't offer those plans probably till next year, so quite a bit of inventory might be gone. I really like my seats that I got in section 310. Its the lower portion of the Vista deck (upper deck), and its the last row in that little section, so I have no one behind me and the two end seats (20, 19) there is no one in front of me. If I look to my left I see the luxury suites and the broadcast booths. I am even with home plate looking down the 3rd baseline. I really wanted the first row but they were not available in that section.

Comment

Daft,

You may get into the ballpark for Opening Day on a 40 game package. But they may not be good seats. I went over a few sections with my sales rep and there a lot of seats already taken. For example, in section 136 roughly half the seats were already bought up.

Comment

Model at the sales center:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zhv4yAHApMY[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                              X