Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just gotta hope for the series win tomorrow

Comment

Just got to hope for a Marlins site that doesn't go down in critical game situations. lol
      "The Marlins are going to lose because they don't have two magical unicorns having sex in the bathroom"
      -Dan LeBatard

Comment

On a side note, I LOVED what I saw from Nicky J tonight. He's really gonna help this offense tremendously.

Comment

Originally posted by Fish and Chips View Post
          let give Cantu atleast 5 games at 3rd before we start complaining about his defense.
          Sample Size People!
          the marlins in general sucked fielding
          It really isn't hard to make those throws.

Comment

I still wonder what would have happened if Cody would have been ejected, or injured, or something. Or even Boner. If boner had to leave the game for what ever reason. I would like to know what Fredi would have done.
            "The Marlins are going to lose because they don't have two magical unicorns having sex in the bathroom"
            -Dan LeBatard

Comment

Why did Bob Brenly think that Nunez and Koyie Hill were going to fight?

Comment

Because Nunez stared him down after he was bumped at first.
                -Dan LeBatard

Comment

Gotta love the emotion Nunez shows every time he's on the mound.

Comment

Great clutch hit by Bonifacio. Didn't think he could hit it that far, and on an 0-2 count no less!

Just too many miscues and sloppiness in the field.

Nice first game for NJ. I really like what he brings to this lineup.
                    --------------------
                    Originally posted by m26555 View Post
                    Gotta love the emotion Nunez shows every time he's on the mound.
                    I couldn't care less whether he shows emotion or not. Just pitch better.

I wasn't impressed with him staring down Hill.
                    Last edited by Sashimi; 08-01-2009, 10:39 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

MIAMI -- The Marlins scored three runs in the ninth to tie the game, but a home run by former Marlins first baseman Derrerk Lee in the 10th led to a 9-8 Cubs victory before 35,811 fans at Land Shark Stadium.

Florida's three-run rally started when Ronny Paulino hit his first career pinch-hit home run to spark the Marlins with two outs in the ninth. Chris Coghlan followed with a single to left and Nick Johnson singled to put runners on first and third for Emilio Bonifacio. The infielder, who replaced Hanley Ramirez before the fourth inning due to a left knee contusion, delivered with a two-run triple over center fielder Kosuke Fukudome that tied the game at 8.

Lee led off the 10th inning with a solo home run on a 2-0 Leo Nunez fastball that put the Cubs back in front, 9-8, but that was not all the damage he did on Saturday night. The former Marlins first baseman was 4-for-6 with a double, a home run and three RBIs.

The Cubs scored six runs over 1 2/3 innings off Marlins starter Burke Badenhop, but Florida's relievers shut out Chicago's offense until Ryan Theriot hit a two-run double with two outs in the top of the ninth. The bullpen was led by Brian Sanches, who threw 3 1/3 scoreless innings in relief of Badenhop while striking out six and allowing just two hits.

The Marlins began to claw at the six-run deficit by scoring a run in the bottom of the second. Jeremy Hermida's single drove in a run in the third while Johnson doubled in a run in the fourth. Hermida drove in two more in the fifth, but the Marlins were unable to score again until Paulino homered in the ninth.
                      Bonifacio forces extras, but Marlins fall

Comment

Do we have "adult male sobbing uncontrollably" smiley?

Did they really come back from 2 big deficits and lose?

Ugh.

Comment

Originally posted by Sashimi View Post
                          I couldn't care less whether he shows emotion or not. Just pitch better.

I wasn't impressed with him staring down Hill.
                          I'm really referring to how pumped he gets after closing out a game. It fires the team up and it's nice to see (only if you're a fan of the team, of course, which I am).

Comment

Nunez is giving up way to many HR( 3 in his last 7 games)
                            /broken record
                            Originally posted by Matt Wilson
                            Fish and Chips just became the smartest man on the board
                            Tom Koehler(4-0)
                            AAA: 7 GS, 40.2 IP, 2.66 ERA, 34 H, 12 ER, 17 BB, 31 SO, GO/AO 0.87, BAA .233 , 1.25 WHIP

Comment

I'm not a fan of it...especially when I saw it happen 62 times watching K-rod finish a game off but it has no effect so whatever.

Comment

wait, sashami's a chick?

Comment

Working...
                                X