No announcement yet.

Christian Yelich, OF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll go out on a limb here and say he'll be here in 5 years, assuming he pans out.

Check back in 2018.

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd View Post
      I think a better way to express that could have been found.
      I agree.

But we all have our off nights right, Todd?

Comment

• Every night is an off night for me.
        Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
        Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
        Noah Perio
        Jupiter
        39 AB
        15 H
        0 2B
        0 3B
        0 HR
        0 BB
        .385/.385/.385

Comment

• I don't think he will pull a Hermida but I would like to see him get at least a month and a half in AA to see how he performs. I also want to him to stay in Spring Training until the end to see how he performs against major league pitchers.

Comment

• Starting the year in JAX on the DL

So our Dream OF all will start the year on the DL

Comment

• We're HUGH fans of this kid, boys. HGUH.

Get well soon, sweetness.

xxoo

Comment

• friend of the site Keith Law named Yelich the #4 prospect now

4. Christian Yelich, OF | Miami Marlins (age 21)
                Current level: Double-A (Jacksonville)
                Preseason ranking: 6

A foot injury started his season late, but after a slow couple of weeks, Yelich has returned to mashing, hitting .284/.356/.636 since the start of May with patience and a high contact rate, as well as solid defense in center. He has one of the best swings in the minors and could see the big leagues this summer given what's (not) ahead of him in Miami.
                it's insider, so that's all I'll post
                Originally posted by Madman81
                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• How come these player threads don't get moved to the right affiliates?

Comment

• JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - The Jacksonville Suns (29-26) had plenty of chances against the Mobile BayBears (30-27) on Monday afternoon but could not capitalize, dropping their second straight to Mobile by a final of 5-2.

BayBears starter Archie Bradley, the number three overall prospect in the Arizona Diamondbacks organization, was successful but not sharp in his six innings on the mound. The Suns wasted scoring chances in the third and fourth innings against Bradley and couldn't come through against Mobile's bullpen in front of 2,503 fans at Bragan Field at the Baseball Grounds of Jacksonville.

"We didn't have very good at-bats with runners in scoring position today," Suns manager Andy Barkett said after the game. "We just didn't get a big hit when we needed to."

Trailing 4-2 entering the top of the seventh inning, center fielder Christian Yelich was removed from the game after experiencing what Barkett called "discomfort" in his lower abdominal muscle.

"As he was playing the game, he was feeling [the discomfort] a little bit more," Barkett said. "So as a precautionary measure, we took him out to get him checked out. We'll see how he's feeling."

Mobile jumped in front early against Suns starter Sam Dyson (2-5), plating a pair of runs in the top of the second inning. Ryan Stovall's double made it 1-0 BayBears, and Ryan Fisher's throwing error allowed Stovall to come around and score himself later in the inning.

The Suns cut into the lead in their half of the second, scoring on Taylor Krick's RBI single. But Mobile reestablished a two-run advantage on Dustin Martin's single past a drawn-in infield, and Jacksonville never got any closer.

Dyson finished his outing after five innings, allowing three runs (one earned) on five hits, striking out five and issuing no walks.

"[Dyson]'s got good stuff, but we didn't make a couple of plays we should have made," Barkett said. "He could have held runners better. He got better as the game went on, but just had a rough second inning."

Bradley, meanwhile, worked out of trouble in both the third and fourth innings and left after six frames of two-run baseball. Despite surrendering a solo home run to Kyle Jensen in the bottom of the sixth, Bradley earned his fifth win for Mobile. The homer was the first run Bradley had allowed after the third inning at the Double-A level.

The BayBears added one run of insurance in the top of the eighth before Chaz Roe earned his first save with a scoreless bottom of the ninth inning, closing out Mobile's 30th win of the 2013 season.

The Suns will look to get back into the series against the BayBears on Tuesday in game three of the five-game home stand, with first pitch set for 7:05 p.m. ET. Starters for both teams have not yet been determined.

Suns fans can listen to Tuesday's game on the Suns Baseball Network, 94.1 WSOS-FM or through jaxsuns.com, MiLB.com or the Suns iPhone or Android app, beginning at 6:50 p.m. ET with Suns Sunday on the UF and Shands Suns Pre-Game Show.

Fifty Cent Family Feast returns to Bragan Field on Tuesday, and it's also PTA Night & Gate Tuesday Night Tickets. Fans can enjoy $.50 hot dogs, peanuts and ice cream treats, sponsored by Oscar Mayer, Hampton Farms, Blue Bell Ice Cream, Folio Weekly and 99.9 Gator Country. Before the game PTA members will be recognized on the field and all PTA members get ticket discounts at the box office. Fans may present a receipt from any local GATE Convenience Store at the Suns Box Office for Buy One-Get-One Tickets.
                    http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp...&tcid=tw_share
                    --------------------
                    Originally posted by Hugg View Post
                    How come these player threads don't get moved to the right affiliates?
                    also, if someone gave me access to be able to move threads in this forum, I'd have no problem updating each player's levels

if not, some mod should probably do this
                    Last edited by Ramp; 06-03-2013, 04:59 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• I am suppose to do it but MK hasn't given me the privileges yet.
                      LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Actually you have the privileges (unbeknownst to you), you just don't have the training yet

Once fml and I sext/skype some day soon it'll all get settled
                        Originally posted by Madman81
                        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• You better be wearing something cute. (or nothing)
                          LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Marlins top prospect Christian Yelich is expected to miss about two weeks with a small abdominal wall strain.

Yelich, who also missed the first few weeks of the season with plantar fasciitis, suffered the injury while diving for a ball in the outfield on June 2. He was removed from Monday's game with lower abdominal discomfort after going 0-for-3 at the plate and will officially go on the Double-A Jacksonville Suns' 7-Day DL on June 6.

"He thought it was a little dull pain. But as he was playing the game, he was feeling it a little bit more," Jacksonville manager Andy Barkett said in a radio interview. "So as a precautionary measure, we took him out to get him checked out, see how he's feeling."

Yelich, named the Southern League's Player of the Week on for the week of May 6-12, is batting .262 with six homers, 28 RBIs and a .342 on-base percentage at Double-A Jacksonville. Although he has struggled of late -- he's 6-for-35 with one run in his last 10 games -- his name had been mentioned as a candidate for promotion to Miami this summer, possibly as early as next week.
                            http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp..._milb&sid=milb

Comment

• Selected for the Futures Game.

Comment

• He's not even back playing yet is he?

Comment

Working...
                                X