No announcement yet.

Is Jorge Cantu an All-Star?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive heard good things about his Morgan Freeman.
    poop

Comment

I do do (ehe doodoo) a good woody allen

Anyway it's not a bobbob impression, I just don't see how being in first gets you a nod and being second doesn't. I mean, Chris Young has 39 RBIs. If he had a 4-RBI night tonight and the All-Star Game was tomorrow, would that mean he gets an automatic spot on the roster? I just don't see how leading in a category and being slightly above average elsewhere gets you in.
      Originally posted by Madman81
      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

being in first gets you stuff

Comment

Originally posted by markotsay7 View Post
          I do do (ehe doodoo) a good woody allen

Anyway it's not a bobbob impression, I just don't see how being in first gets you a nod and being second doesn't. I mean, Chris Young has 39 RBIs. If he had a 4-RBI night tonight and the All-Star Game was tomorrow, would that mean he gets an automatic spot on the roster? I just don't see how leading in a category and being slightly above average elsewhere gets you in.
          Because the manager will see he's first in the league and give him that nod. Being second means nothing if your other numbers aren't up to snuff.

Being number one is a much bigger deal than being number two.
          --------------------
          and for the record, I don't like Cantu
          Last edited by Ramp; 06-04-2010, 01:50 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Players vote for reserves now (and still, because they did last year) right?

Manager only gets like 1 spot and to pick the guys on the "final" ballot.
            --------------------
            And re: Cantu.

If he were a Cardinal or a Met or a Dodger, he'd be likely going.

As it is, he's a middle of the pack player (statistically) at probably the strongest single position in the NL. I'd be surprised if he goes, even leading the league in RBI, just because he's a Marlin and no one "knows" he's leading the league in RBI.
            Last edited by Swifty; 06-04-2010, 01:55 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
              Because the manager will see he's first in the league and give him that nod. Being second means nothing if your other numbers aren't up to snuff.

Being number one is a much bigger deal than being number two.
              --------------------
              and for the record, I don't like Cantu
              So is Kevin Gregg one game away from being an All-Star then? Rajai Davis and Michael Bourn make it because they steal lots of bases? David Freese is a good game away from getting an automatic bid instead of one of the many aforementioned 3B because he bats an empty .325? I just can't swallow the idea that if you're leading a major category you automatically get in but if you're in second place you don't.
              Originally posted by Madman81
              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

That's because you're white.
                This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

Yeah! You've been in first place all your life!
                  poop

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGXzlRoNtHU&feature=fvst"]MK7 Life Anthem[/ame]
                    This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

Originally posted by markotsay7 View Post
                      So is Kevin Gregg one game away from being an All-Star then? Rajai Davis and Michael Bourn make it because they steal lots of bases? David Freese is a good game away from getting an automatic bid instead of one of the many aforementioned 3B because he bats an empty .325? I just can't swallow the idea that if you're leading a major category you automatically get in but if you're in second place you don't.
                      RBI are more "meaningful" stat when it comes to being selected for the ASG when players/managers/fans are deciding who should go. They're morons.

Of course, if Cantu is hitting .260 at the break, he won't be selected. But if his numbers are around .285 or higher, I think he has a legit shot.

Comment

Like mentioned before certain categories standout more than others when it comes to making the ASG. If you go to the online ballot to vote and click their link to compare all players at each position it only shows you AB, AVG, HR, RBI, SB. I would say 95% of the people voting for the ASG don't look at OBP/OPS when voting. So if Cantu hovers around .300 and is still leading in rbi's, he's going to receive a lot of votes. I still don't think he makes it due the Marlins factor, position, and the big market team favoritism.

Comment

Working...
                        X