Marlins Designate Meyer for Assignment, Purchase Contract of Sosa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlins Designate Meyer for Assignment, Purchase Contract of Sosa

The Florida Marlins have designated left-handed pitcher Dan Meyer for assignment. Meyer, who gave up three runs in tonight's loss to the Braves, had a 8.59ERA in 11 games for the Marlins.

To take Meyer's spot, the Marlins have purchased the contract of right-handed veteran Jorge Sosa from Triple-A New Orleans. Sosa was 4-1 with a 3.78 ERA for the Zephyrs in 8 games, 7 starts. The Marlins now have 10 days to release, trade, or outright Dan Meyer to the minors.

40-Man roster still at its limit.
    Last edited by Party; 05-28-2010, 08:09 AM.
    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Right on schedule

Comment

shame Sosa is the best we can turn to

Comment

Dan Meyer DFA'd, Jorge Sosa Promoted

Sure seems like we've reached the end of our rope with the bullpen at this point.

Can't imagine Sosa is any kind of answer though.

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports...-selected.html

Edit: I would make a spelling error in the title my first thread here. Oh well, he walked 5 guys, he doesn't deserve his name spelled right.

Comment

Jose Veras, Kiko Calero, Dan Meyer...they all fell apart

Comment

I'm amazed how we've been able to scrap together pretty solid bullpens over the years. I guess this was the year our luck finally ran out.

Comment

Originally posted by Valid View Post
              I'm amazed how we've been able to scrap together pretty solid bullpens over the years. I guess this was the year our luck finally ran out.
              season isn't over yet... we found donelly mid season from the scrap heap last year and he did a good job down the stretch. Maybe they can pull another rabbit out of the hat?

Comment

Meyer made it through waivers

Comment

Working...
                X