Bullpen Blows It For NateRob; Fish Go Down 7-3 to Atlanta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postgame: Bullpen Blows It For NateRob; Fish Go Down 7-3 to Atlanta

Maybe that's why Fredi stretches his starters, can't run Hensley out there every night.

Comment

Man, Brian Sanches forgot how to throw strikes.

I think I'm on Team DFA Dan Meyer.
      poop

Comment

but he had a 3.09 era last year!!!!1!!1!one!!
        Originally posted by Madman81
        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

OK.
          poop

Comment

Trade someone for Jay Voss

Comment

I was there.

Comment

Our bullpen is a real concern. The Braves line up isn't even average. Too bad for Robertson. It all ways hurts more when we lose to the Braves.
                http://i804.photobucket.com/albums/y...Kosmokards.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by markotsay7 View Post
                  but he had a 3.09 era last year!!!!1!!1!one!!
                  Always adding to the discussion.

Comment

like you just did!

ok here it is: keeping dan meyer around is what rob neyer refers to as a PEM (pure ERA move). He had a good ERA last year so we like him. The same way people like Pinto is a PEM because he has a good ERA when we all know he sucks
                    Originally posted by Madman81
                    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Pinto is servicable in the bullpen. His inherited runners scored numbers over his career are about league average. He's frustrating as all hell, but as long as he's not used in a high leverage situation with runners on base, he's really not that bad.

And Dan Meyer was great last year, and it wasn't just his ERA. He had an 8.6 K/9 and a 2.67 K/BB ratio. I mean, the .260 BABIP was low, but there was no reason to expect him to turn into this. They are keeping him around because he showed he can be very good last year, not just because of his ERA.

If he was still striking out almost one per inning and maintaining a decent K/BB ratio with his 8.59 ERA, I might be more forgiving. But he's not doing anything right as of now.
                      poop

Comment

I don't think you really want a lefty in the pen who you can't use in "high leverage" situations.

Comment

Why not?

He's not a LOOGY. He can't get lefties out, they have a career .388 OBP against him.

So use him like you use a Chris Leroux or a Tim Wood. He gets righties out decently enough over the course of his career., he can be a decent mop up/MR type if you don't care that he's a lefty. Not every lefty gets lefties out.
                          poop

Comment

Right, but when the only two lefties in the pen are being used to get lefties out when they can't, that's an issue. If you want to throw Pinto into mop up duty that's fine, but the team just needs a serviceable LHRP, and it's not Tank.

Comment

Tank could be that guy if he's just used as a LOOGY. He's shown flashes of dominance against LHB.

Pinto's handedness doesn't matter because as long as you don't use him against LHB, because he can't get them out.

It's an issue that Pinto and Meyer can't get lefties out, but it doesn't make them useless per se. If Pinto can get RHB out and not LHB, he still has use.

He's a roung peg with a left arm, that doesn't mean he can fit into a square peg with a left arm. But that doesn't mean he's a useless peg. And it's not really his fault Fredi keeps trying to hammer him into a hole he can't fit into.
                              Last edited by Bobbob1313; 05-27-2010, 02:51 PM.
                              poop

Comment

Working...
                              X