• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postgame: Cody Ross Loves Supplemental Insurance, Marlins Defeat Braves 6-4

Discuss

Kawakami can't win

Comment

Maybin 2 hits. Is he starting to show a little more power? (eternal optimist when it comes to him).

Braves left 9 guy stranded.

Comment

I didnt get to see any of it, but love to look at the box score and see another productive outing from Anibal. Wham Bam Thank You Cam with another bomb, and some clutch hitting from C Ross and Ron Paul. I love beating the Braves. And Stanton basically has to come up for Petersen, correct?

Comment

Originally posted by TealMonster08 View Post
          I didnt get to see any of it, but love to look at the box score and see another productive outing from Anibal. Wham Bam Thank You Cam with another bomb, and some clutch hitting from C Ross and Ron Paul. I love beating the Braves. And Stanton basically has to come up for Petersen, correct?
          Anibal would do stupid things like walk the pitcher, but besides the one big hit against him worked out of everything he got himself into. Very good start. He looks like a different pitcher this year than 2007-2009. He's trusting his stuff and pitching not throwing. Cam's bomb was a Sheffield line drive rocket over the right side of the scoreboard. Everyone loves Ross. Everyone hates Pinto. Leo was dinked for two cheap hits, then Heyward made him pay. Chipper is getting old. That was the entire game.

Stanton will take Petersen's 25 man spot, but I think he'd be coming up to platoon with Maybin/Coghlan and DH versus replace Petersen. Nitpicky, I know. Just saying. Marlins can't really bench any of those main 3 guys like they can with Petersen, who seems destined for a bench OF spot with his inspired play since joining the club.

Comment

Thanks for the roundup, and yes, Im almost glad I didnt have to watch the game because Pinto pitched in a tight spot, though he is entertaining.

And yes, Stanton has to play a substantial amount if we are going to call him up, but Id hate to see Carroll get sent down, not that Im expecting that. If Cogs is the one to lose PT to the Prodigy, he could be a left-handed bat off the bench, which would replace the need for Petersen, presuming thats why he's still with the big club, and Carroll could remain a defensive, spot start versus a lefty, productive bench player.

Comment

I was ready to walk out of the game when Pinto came in relief. The crowd was immediately pissed when Pinto came into the game. After he hit Heyward; after one pitch, the crowd really got an his ass.

That Maybin shot was a beauty, cleared the deepest part of the Monster!

Comment

Yay we winned. I did not see the game, but apparently we are good again.
                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

We are now 5th in the NL in run differential.

Woohoo.
                  poop

Comment

Working...
                  X