Marlins Offense Decides To Show Up In 13-0 Rout of White Sox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
    Also, I just got a subscription to the Bill James Online, which is the online resource for +/- defensive stats. if Nny's not already planning on it, I may put up a +/- breakdown for the season thus far.
    fangraphs has it for free on their site

Comment

You have to DFA two pitchers (because a look at the bats shows no DFAs, Do you DFA Barden and just bring up Bonifacio? Just DFA Cousins or Petersen just because?) for Logan and Stanton:

Buente, Ceda, Harvey, Sinkbiel, Tank, and Tucker are your only real options.

Ceda and Tucker you keep just for upside at this point right? Sinkbiel, has maybe had his best month as a professional this May (11.2 scoreless, 12K) and who knows if he's finally coming around. Always got GB despite the random shellings. I think he's a keep shockingly enough to see if this RP conversion works in it's first full year. Tank too, is killing May after a brutal April. I hate to throw out a sample size stuff with these guys cause I know it's small compared to a large volume of suck, but I think you keep these guys. Old first rounders bouncing around. Classic late bloomers. Who knows. Buente has been the best RP in AAA all year (32 K, 24.2 IP, 1.38 whip, mostly walks). And Harvey hasn't pitched.

So what, you 60 day DL Ceda and Harvey? I mean, you might be able to. But if not, you are losing something of value as I suspect all 6 of those guys would get claimed and respectively stashed in the minors just like Cr. Martinez. Big deal? Probably not, but I just hate losing guys for literally nothing.

If we can't DL, gotta go Harvey with the youth on this.

Comment

Buente has a 5.5 BB/9 for NOLA and hasn't been under 4 since being a 23 year old in A ball.

meh

Jesus Sink has a BB/9 of 5.1 too

Comment

I dont think you have to keep Ceda on upside. Dude hasnt pitched in 18 months in a game situation and while his stat line as a dedicated reliever is fairly decent it is a small sample size. Pitchers with shoulder problems arent ones to put alot of faith in either.
          Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
          Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
          Noah Perio
          Jupiter
          39 AB
          15 H
          0 2B
          0 3B
          0 HR
          0 BB
          .385/.385/.385

Comment

Tucker could be another option to DFA. He's suspended right now. This is the second time he's been suspended and, apparently the organization is not very happy with him right now.

Comment

Roster spot is coming from Ceda, whether it's 60 day or DFA.

He's the one guy you can cut ties with and not feel terrible (a la DLC).

Comment

Working...
              X