• Show
Clear All

no way

Comment

http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx...78&position=OF

http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx...23&position=OF

CC= 0.1 UZR
      Maybin= -3.1 UZR

I believe UZR is a good indicator of fielding, right? so by these numbers CC has been the better fielder
      Originally posted by Matt Wilson
      Fish and Chips just became the smartest man on the board
      Tom Koehler(4-0)
      AAA: 7 GS, 40.2 IP, 2.66 ERA, 34 H, 12 ER, 17 BB, 31 SO, GO/AO 0.87, BAA .233 , 1.25 WHIP

Comment

Maybin's been great defensively after a rocky start. He's been the best CF in terms of getting to the gaps that we've had since Devon White.

Comment

I love Guillen, but give me a break. It was 7-0 in the fourth inning; that is HARDLY an insurmountable lead in this day and age. So Carroll stole second; big deal. You have a problem with it? Then either A) don't let him get on base to begin with, or B) don't allow him to score. That simple.

Comment

Yea... I would understand if it was 7-0 in the 7th or later, but in the 4th? Come on... Didn't the White Sox score like 5 or 6 in one inning alone the game before? Give me a break Ozzie.

Comment

EDIT: Wrong thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Swift View Post
                Maybin's been great defensively after a rocky start. He's been the best CF in terms of getting to the gaps that we've had since Devon White.
                I agree with this. He has really settled down since making 3 Rod Barajas related errors. Now, if only he would strike out one a day instead of twice.

--

Coghlan has certainly gotten better (and a lot better), but it's clear he is not an outfielder. The UZR might say that, but I suspect those figures do not hold up as things progress for both of them in the short and long term.

Comment

It's still a super small sample size for defensive statistics.

Also, I just crunched the numbers. At our current run differential, our pythagoreon record puts us on pace for ~89 wins.
                  poop

Comment

what does pythag say about Tampa?

135 wins?

Comment

~117
                      poop

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                        It's still a super small sample size for defensive statistics.

Also, I just crunched the numbers. At our current run differential, our pythagoreon record puts us on pace for ~89 wins.

But wouldn't that be a super small sample size (the pythagoreon)?

Comment

Yes it is. Just saying that after over performing our run differential the last few years, we are under performing it slightly as of now.

I don't know when the last time we had a positive run differential at this point in the season.

Also, I just got a subscription to the Bill James Online, which is the online resource for +/- defensive stats. if Nny's not already planning on it, I may put up a +/- breakdown for the season thus far.
                          poop

Comment

I said it at the start of the year, and I'll say it again, I think 89 wins takes the NL WC.

If pythag says 89ish wins, with an offense that HAS to improve internally when Stanton gets here (if for no other reason than it sits Cogs/Cam) I like our chances if we go out and find this year's Nick Johnson to supplement.

Comment

I'm like two weeks away from a Logan-Cody-Giancarlo outfield.
                              poop

Comment

fuck it lead off Morrison.

Morrison
                                Gaby
                                Hanley
                                Cantu
                                Uggla
                                Stanton
                                Ross
                                Paulino / Bake
                                "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                                - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

Working...
                                X