Beat the Streak : Prospect of the Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beat the Streak : Prospect of the Day

So each day, we'll be picking a different Marlins organizational player in the "Beat the Streak" game on MiLB.com. If the batter gets a hit, the streak continues. It's fairly easy to follow and we'll make the rules that you can only use a player every 10 days or so.

MiLB record: 69, Joe Wilhoit, Wichita Witches, 1919
    MLB record: 56, Joe DiMaggio, New York Yankees, 1941

Our first selection will be none other than phenom Mike Stanton. The 20 year old is off to a torrid start in Jacksonville, hitting .299/.443/.715 with 15 homers in 137 at bats. He's been in a funk over his last 10 games hitting just .189/.348/.378 in 37 at bats. His opponent tonight is Cubs prospect Austin Bibens-Dirkx. In 7 starts, he is 1-1 with a 2.19era. Righties are hitting just .176 off of him.

If we're going to start taking aim at Wilhoit and Joe D, we're going to need Stanton to snap out of this funk and get us on the board at 1.

Interesting pick to start it off considering his recent struggles. This sounds like it could be fun.

Comment

when you say we'll, you mean you'll?

Comment

Especially since it's also an away game
        CSBC Commish

Comment

Originally posted by FishFanInPA View Post
          when you say we'll, you mean you'll?
          definitely willing to let others pick players, but I'll do the threads each day

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
            definitely willing to let others pick players, but I'll do the threads each day
            does it really need a new thread everyday? maybe make a new one every time the streak ends

Comment

yes it needs a new thread every day as this will appear on the front page and that shit needs to stay updated

Comment

I agree with Ramp. Shit needs to stay updated!

Comment

I would have picked LoMo

Comment

Stanton did not play tonight.

Comment

Skips has been hitting well.

Comment

Working...
                      X