No announcement yet.

Anibal Sanchez Masterful in 5-1 Victory Over Cardinals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am just happy that the Fish split the series.

/gives the Fish no chance to win tomorrow even though the Cardinals dont hit well against LHP.
    Last edited by Todd; 05-20-2010, 12:10 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
    Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
    Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
    Noah Perio
    Jupiter
    39 AB
    15 H
    0 2B
    0 3B
    0 HR
    0 BB
    .385/.385/.385

Comment

Originally posted by Swift View Post
      But less positional flexibility.

Let's say Uggla's locked up (and I 100% would do it) and Coghlan's traded. Cantu still leaves as a FA, Gaby's here, Hanley's here, Uggla's here and Logan's in the minors. Where's you're 2011 3B coming from? Gaby? Bonifacio? It can't be Logan.

Dealing Logan at least helps the 2010 team without opening up any questions for 2011.
      Why would you deal Cogs and Lo Mo? they are gonna be a big part of the future. I am all for dealing Uggla and having Cogs move to 2B and Cogs at first. We just need to get a LF and temporary 3B because Matty D won't be read this year.
      LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

I'd rather move Coghs and sign Uggla I think

Comment

Originally posted by Swift View Post
          But less positional flexibility.

Let's say Uggla's locked up (and I 100% would do it) and Coghlan's traded. Cantu still leaves as a FA, Gaby's here, Hanley's here, Uggla's here and Logan's in the minors. Where's you're 2011 3B coming from? Gaby? Bonifacio? It can't be Logan.

Dealing Logan at least helps the 2010 team without opening up any questions for 2011.
          But Cody is likely gone after this year too. If Cogs and Cody depart, that's two OF spots opening up. In your scenario, Stanton takes RF and Logan takes LF*. Gaby stays at 1B. Uggla at 2B. Hanley at SS.

The 3B is another cheap, one year acquisition, like the winner of the Castillo/Cantu/McDallas competition was kinda sorta supposed to be, except that Cantu ended up being awesome. Dominguez hopefully comes in 2012. The lights out reliever acquired for Cogs + some other minors guys hopefully helps this team win in 2011.

Ideally, everyone (including Uggla) stays, and the team opens up next year with Baker/Paulino-Gaby-Uggla-Hanley-Cogs in the IF and Logan-Maybin-Stanton in the OF (Jesus H, that's an potentially awesome and relatively inexpensive team on paper). But this team has too many holes as they're currently constructed, and those holes are gonna have to be filled by dealing some of the better prospects in the system. Cogs and Logan are two prime candidates, and if Uggla is gonna stick around, Cogs has to move near the top of the list.

*assumes Logan still has the ability to be at least passable in LF

Comment

Originally posted by wanks1212 View Post
            But Cody is likely gone after this year too. If Cogs and Cody depart, that's two OF spots opening up. In your scenario, Stanton takes RF and Logan takes LF*. Gaby stays at 1B. Uggla at 2B. Hanley at SS.

The 3B is another cheap, one year acquisition, like the winner of the Castillo/Cantu/McDallas competition was kinda sorta supposed to be, except that Cantu ended up being awesome. Dominguez hopefully comes in 2012. The lights out reliever acquired for Cogs + some other minors guys hopefully helps this team win in 2011.

Ideally, everyone (including Uggla) stays, and the team opens up next year with Baker/Paulino-Gaby-Uggla-Hanley-Cogs in the IF and Logan-Maybin-Stanton in the OF (Jesus H, that's an potentially awesome and relatively inexpensive team on paper). But this team has too many holes as they're currently constructed, and those holes are gonna have to be filled by dealing some of the better prospects in the system. Cogs and Logan are two prime candidates, and if Uggla is gonna stick around, Cogs has to move near the top of the list.

*assumes Logan still has the ability to be at least passable in LF
            They tried him in LF and then gave it up. I don't think they want that. I think an infield of Bake/Ronnie, LoMo, Cogs, a 3B, and H2R is more realistic with an OF of someone (maybe Petey/Cousins or acquisition or FA signing), Killa Cam, and Stanton.

Comment

You're going to have to pry 1B away from Gaby with some serious jaws of life

Comment

I could absolutely see this team trading gaby at the deadline.
                poop

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                  You're going to have to pry 1B away from Gaby with some serious jaws of life
                  Right, move him to 3B. He played there in the minors. It wasn't great play but he could do it if they had to.

I am not sold on Gaby. I watched him the whole 2008 season when he was in Double-A but I just do not think he's gonna be in the long term for the Marlins, especially if Matty D gets going (and he is starting to)

Comment

Gaby cannot play 3b.

And with all due respect, it's 2010.... 2008 should have no bearing on your opinion now
                    --------------------
                    Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                    I could absolutely see this team trading gaby at the deadline.
                    record depending
                    Last edited by Ramp; 05-20-2010, 12:29 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by flamarlin21 View Post
                      They tried him in LF and then gave it up. I don't think they want that.
                      If a guy can hit, the organization will play him in LF no matter how bad the defense, just to get his bat in the lineup. See: Cogs, Cabrera, Willingham. If Morrison is hitting in AAA, but Gaby keeps his OPS over .825, Logan isn't taking the 1B spot unless Gaby is traded.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                        Gaby cannot play 3b.

And with all due respect, it's 2010.... 2008 should have no bearing on your opinion now
                        --------------------

record depending
                        I'm not saying he was bad in 2008, he was the Southern League MVP. He had a better season than Cameron, I just don't know if he is in the future plans. He is a great player, he is impressing me but I just don't know if he is long term for the Marlins. And I don't think they will trade him at the deadline, no reason to, especially with Lo Mo being hurt for a long time.
                        --------------------
                        Originally posted by wanks1212 View Post
                        If a guy can hit, the organization will play him in LF no matter how bad the defense, just to get his bat in the lineup. See: Cogs, Cabrera, Willingham. If Morrison is hitting in AAA, but Gaby keeps his OPS over .825, Logan isn't taking the 1B spot unless Gaby is traded.
                        Touche. You are right. They may do that but I think they see him as a first baseman and not outfielder, but I could be wrong.
                        Last edited by Miamarlin21; 05-20-2010, 12:32 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Gaby has been great, but you're putting a lot of faith in him if you trade Morrison. Also, this team does need lefty bats. They need Morrison. They also need Coghlan, Baker until Skipworth makes it or not, and they need BP/Cousins to turn into a bench option. That's really running bare minimum with lefties, but it is what it is.

What about Dominguez as the trade bait? Yea, he is struggling, but a team is still going to value him very high based on him being 20 in AA. This sets up Coghlan at 3B (assuming Uggla deal), and Smolinski (who yea sucks in A+ right now, but still he's bound to improve as a decent propsect) in the wings. 1B is then a Morrison/Gaby battle, and LF is a Morrison/Cousins/Petersen battle. I mean, Morrison can't be that bad out there can he?

I just think it would be smart to keep the lefties and let it play out. If you keep Uggla, Coghlan's offense (as a non-basher) doesn't kill you even if it isn't ideal. Dominguez, along with West/Miller, has to be a seriously strong starting off point for any huge piece they would want in July.

Comment

I would rather keep Dominguez.
                            Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                            Noah Perio
                            Jupiter
                            39 AB
                            15 H
                            0 2B
                            0 3B
                            0 HR
                            0 BB
                            .385/.385/.385

Comment

Dominguez is up to a .746 OPS on the year after his horrible start and with his .262 BABIP. He's hitting ..250/.329/.471 in 68 ABs in May. That's some decent patience and pretty solid ISO for a guy his age and in AA. He's getting it. He's worth keeping around, moreso than pretty much any non-Stanton prospect in the system.

Comment

Not to mention his glove is better than superb.

I dont think it would be wise to trade Morrison or Dominguez because of Gaby Sanchez, who is 27, still not showing much in the way of power, and struggles defensively.
                                Noah Perio
                                Jupiter
                                39 AB
                                15 H
                                0 2B
                                0 3B
                                0 HR
                                0 BB
                                .385/.385/.385

Comment

Working...
                                X