• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postgame: Anibal Sanchez Masterful in 5-1 Victory Over Cardinals

Discuss.

back to back homeruns are most for me when done by the marlins

Comment

Very encouraged to see Anibal put together back-to-back very quality starts.

Comment

Anibal really has been impressive this year. Something I did not expect. He looked better after he wobbled a bit in the first couple innings.

Maybin =

Comment

Just saw that we do have an off day on Anibal's next scheduled start day, so leaving him out for that last batter is a little more OK.

I still err on the side of caution with a guy with a lot of shoulder issues in the past. Shoulder injuries are bad news.
          poop

Comment

The Fish are looking good right now. Glad to see Anibal had a great game.

P.S. First post for me..love this forum, glad to have finally signed up =)

Comment

Back to back HR's that include Maybin are very for me.

Hanley was for me in the post game interview as well. It actually made me not hate him for all the BS from this week.
              Last edited by Namaste; 05-19-2010, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by darknight View Post
                The Fish are looking good right now. Glad to see Anibal had a great game.

P.S. First post for me..love this forum, glad to have finally signed up =)
                Welcome to the board.

Comment

Maybin looks like he is here to stay.

Anibal looks like he is finally back.
                  Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

So, I know he's hot and regression is coming, but I kind of want to sign Uggla for 4 years (cost about $45-50 million, ages 31-34) because I think he'll hit for the entirety of it (at least. .250/.350/.450 with obvious growth room) based on his career performance, and I hate using my eyes, but he's getting better around the bag at 2B. Some ridiculous flips tonight and this year.

I mean yea we have Coghlan, but maybe he just plays LF, and 3B, until somebody beats him out of those positions. Dominguez, Cousins, Petersen, and a Morrison LF shift aren't sure things. Maybe just keep putting him out there until someone better emerges. Which, might be pretty tough.

Which leaves your longterm (ignoring A ball)

C - Paulino/Baker/Hayes
                    1B - Gaby/Morrison
                    2B - Uggla
                    SS - Hanley
                    3B - Coghlan/Dominguez
                    LF - Coghlan/Cousins/Petersen/Morrison
                    CF - Maybin
                    RF - Stanton
                    Additional Bench - Barden/Bonifacio/Osvaldo

Financially, they can give Uggla and Nolasco deals, and keep moving forward. Doesn't hold back ONE big FA signing for the new ballpark. Only thing is, can probably not afford Leo past 2011. And raise your hand if paying premium closer money matters to you.

Comment

More than a few people will raise their hands. Remember the "Beinfest doesn't care about the bullpen" stuff?
                      poop

Comment

If signing Uggla long term was actually in their plans, and Stanton is up with the big club by July, Cogs would be some pretty solid trade bait at the deadline.

Comment

Originally posted by wanks1212 View Post
                          If signing Uggla long term was actually in their plans, and Stanton is up with the big club by July, Cogs would be some pretty solid trade bait at the deadline.
                          Wouldn't it make more sense for Logan to be the bait in that scenario?

Comment

Logan has a higher upside.
                            poop

Comment

But less positional flexibility.

Let's say Uggla's locked up (and I 100% would do it) and Coghlan's traded. Cantu still leaves as a FA, Gaby's here, Hanley's here, Uggla's here and Logan's in the minors. Where's you're 2011 3B coming from? Gaby? Bonifacio? It can't be Logan.

Dealing Logan at least helps the 2010 team without opening up any questions for 2011.

Comment

Working...
                              X