John Baker to DL, Bryan Petersen Recalled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Baker to DL, Bryan Petersen Recalled

We learned this afternoon why C Brett Hayes was called up from Class AAA New Orleans on Thursday — C John Baker was nursing a sore right elbow that the team hoped would get better with some time off this weekend.

That hasn’t happen, and the Marlins put Baker on the disabled list, retroactive to May 14, with what he describes as a right elbow strain.

[...]

OF Bryan Petersen was recalled from Class AAA New Orleans. “Condor,” as Petersen is called by his mates, had been sent down earlier in the week when Hayes was recalled from NOLA.
    Last edited by Party; 05-19-2010, 11:14 PM.

Bryan Peterson wants a plane named after him.

Comment

Baker had a bit of a set back on Monday. More soreness in his elbow.

Comment

>
        "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
        - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

Going to see a doctor.

Not good.

Looks like we gonna need to find a full time catcher.

Comment

I think Paulino is doing a fine enough job
            LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

I can't really think of any options at catcher that can be a target for us. I mean I heard about A.J. Pierzynski being available but he hasn't done anything this year and he's getting paid 6mil.

Comment

I think we're good with Paulino for now... I guess it all depends on what happens with Bake, if he is out for a long period of time maybe you think about trying to upgrade the back-up position? I don't know if Hayes will cut it if needed for and extended period.

Comment

This also means we lose our other left handed bat for who knows how long.

Comment

John Baker is scheduled to meet with Dr. James Andrews in the next few days for a second opinion on his elbow injury.

Baker experienced a setback while playing in rehab games last weekend with Single-A Jupiter. Marlins manager Fredi Gonzalez is not optimistic about the injury, according to Joe Capozzi of the Palm Beach Post, so it certainly sounds like major surgery could be an option.

Comment

Ah well.

Comment

he was fun while he lasted
                        Originally posted by Madman81
                        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Doesn't need surgery but needs to rest for at least 4 more weeks.

Comment

JB hopes to be medically cleared to start doing baseball stuff again next week

Source: Me.

Comment

I SAW THIS ON THE TWITTER MACHINE.
                              poop

Comment

Working...
                              X