New Uniforms Discussion: New Uniforms Seen FIRST on SoFlaMarlins.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jorge18 View Post
    Just got home. Got a shirt and a hat. Also met Samson, pretty cool guy.

That made me lol
    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• This must be the same guy who said Larry was cool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Festa A. Arthur View Post
        Uh, I hope you got that shirt and cap at clearance prices.
        That was before buying the new stuff. He was out there helping the sales people.

Comment

• One of my emotionally challenged friends posted Metes' version of the new logo on Facebook.

He and many of his friends think that's the actual logo.

I swear people will believe ANYTHING they see on the internetsa
          --------------------
          LOVE the white jersey.

Will be getting one of those.
          Last edited by Namaste; 11-12-2011, 08:03 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Delightful Daft is back!
            There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

• I'm @ Sawgrass.

They have very little shirt/jersey selection

Comment

• Nothing over a size medium.
                There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

• Been in line to buy my items for 45 min.

Lady working the lone register seems to suffer from mild retardation.

Comment

• Originally posted by flamarlin21 View Post
                    That made me lol
                    I think I'm the only one who doesn't hate him.

Comment

• I enjoy him during his weekly LeBatard interview.

Comment

• “Cool…Miami…International.”

Those were the three words Florida Miami Marlins owner Jeffrey Loria used to describe the new uniforms of the South Florida baseball team.

So…how’d they do?

Let’s start with the logo, which isn’t exactly breaking news, since it leaked quite some time ago. It’s a very distinctive, four-color, beveled “M”, featuring gold, orange, aqua and black (outlined in gray), with an image of a marlin atop the “M”. It’s a rather bold statement, but it looks like the 2012 Marlins aren’t your father’s Marlins. When I first saw this, I didn’t really like it, but it’s grown on me. A lot.

OK … onto the uniforms:

Home Whites: We got a bit of a preview of the homes yesterday, but last night was the official unveiling. It’s different, but it still looks like a baseball uniform. It takes the aforementioned wordmark and puts it on a white uniform, with thin orange piping around the neck, sleeve ends, and pants. At the unveiling, Loria explained that “Miami” will be very prominent, and that both the homes and roads will have “MIAMI” emblazoned on the chest. It’s not bad — I’d prefer “Marlins” on the chest, and perhaps in a year or two, they’ll do it, but for their inaugural season in the as-yet-to-be-corporately-named ballpark, they’ll be the Miami Miamis. Gone are the pinstripes, the block “F,” the teal…and Jack McKeon. In with the Ozzie.

Road Grays: Almost the reciprocal of the home whites, the jersey wordmark will be in white, with black piping, also with “MIAMI” on the chest.

Alternate Black: Never have been a fan of the Marlins with a black top (and cap), but it looks like the team will be keeping that element going forward. I mean, nothing says “South Florida” like a black uniform, right? Seems like most of the models were wearing the black top with gray pants, so hopefully this will only be used as a road alternate. Still not a fan of the black cap & top, but what’re ya gonna do?

Now…if that were it, I’d be pretty disappointed, but the Marlins aren’t done. Now, they’ve already shown us one alternate too many, but what’s one more right? We knew yesterday, when this was leaked there would be an orange top. But what we didn’t know was…

Orange Alternate: The spec sheet would show an orange cap! It’s a GREAT alternate (if you have to have an alternate). Unfortunately, the players only came out wearing the black cap with the orange top. Let’s hope that’s just for show. Unlike the white, gray and black jerseys, the orange jersey says “MARLINS” and features the flying fish jumping between the “L” and the “I”. I like it.

The Marlins really had a chance to stand out from other clubs with this unveil, and to a certain extent (read: look at the orange tops), they did. Unfortunately, they still seem to have a heavy preponderance of black. Their pullovers and dugout jackets are both black, and I believe their BP jerseys are as well.

One thing I also like are the unique number fonts, although I can’t see why they need the drop shadow. Oh well, it is Miami. It’s hard to tell from this screen grab, but it appears the orange tops may be drop-shadowless. Maybe.

So, they’ve got a new uniform set, a new stadium, a new city-name…and it looks like they’re trying to make a big splash in the free agent market. Reports are they met with and offered contracts to both Albert Pujols and Jose Reyes. In fact, by the time you read this, Reyes may be a Marlin. These are not your father’s Marlins, no sir.

Overall, I’d give the uniforms a B+. Not because they’re great, but because they’re much more reflective of South Florida — the boldly colored “M” and wordmark are certainly unique without being completely overboard, and even though I hate softball tops, I hope to see that orange alt as often as possible next season. Good job, Miami Miamis, you’ve done South Florida proud.
                        'Cool...Miami...International'

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                          Been in line to buy my items for 45 min.

Lady working the lone register seems to suffer from mild retardation.
                          I waited at the stadium yesterday for probably 2 hours or so. So I think you're doing better than me.

Comment

• joecapMARLINS joe capozzi
                            Glenn Geffner says between 5,000 to 10,000 fans at the new #Marlins ballpark today for a special elect-a-seat event

Comment

• Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                              That's great to hear. Although, I'm sure its only because it's a new stadium, I'm happy to see more people getting behind this team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                                I think I'm the only one who doesn't hate him.
                                As much of a douche he is, he was out there helping all the sales people try to speed things up which was nice of him. He was probably out there till 2am cause when I left like at 12:30 there was still maybe 100 people left.

Comment

Working...
                                X