No announcement yet.

New Uniforms Discussion: New Uniforms Seen FIRST on SoFlaMarlins.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meh, focus groups dont mean shit. Orange is Loria's fav color, and he has been pushing it more and more for 4 years now.
    Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
    Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
    Noah Perio
    Jupiter
    39 AB
    15 H
    0 2B
    0 3B
    0 HR
    0 BB
    .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Here is the difference between Marlin Blue (teal) and 'ballpark blue':

The ballpark blue is closer to what this site had last year.

Playing the what-if game:

(Dodger Blue was used for the seats)

Comment

• Originally posted by CrimsonCane View Post
        Presumably, focus groups have suggested otherwise. I don't think SFM is a reflection of the greater Miami market. Tacky, loud shit sells. Restrained, simple and classy doesn't sell at all here.
        This.

Isn't Britto doing some design work at the stadium too?
        This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

• I also want to point out that light blue and orange can work if executed correctly. Those old school Miami Marlins jerseys are a good indication of where they might be going.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fritz View Post
            This.

Isn't Britto doing some design work at the stadium too?
            Nope. He is doing work on every major public housing project, cookie cutter condo/shop development and government building in Miami-Dade County though.

You can buy his stuff at airport gift shops too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Claudio Vernight View Post
              Nope. He is doing work on every major public housing project, cookie cutter condo/shop development and government building in Miami-Dade County though.

You can buy his stuff at airport gift shops too.
              And at the FIU Bookstore!
              poop

Comment

• Originally posted by CrimsonCane View Post
                I also want to point out that light blue and orange can work if executed correctly. Those old school Miami Marlins jerseys are a good indication of where they might be going.
                It shouldnt have to work. It shouldnt be an option.
                Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                Noah Perio
                Jupiter
                39 AB
                15 H
                0 2B
                0 3B
                0 HR
                0 BB
                .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Why?
                  poop

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd View Post
                    It shouldnt have to work. It shouldnt be an option.
                    Yes, it should. They are trying to sell merchandise and create an attractive look.

I'd rather have blue and orange over everything being black and silver. Walk into any shop at Sun Life. The merchandise is either black or gray. I took a friend from Italy to a game last year and he commented on how unattractive the merchandise selection was.

I'm a big fan of teal, but it isn't an option to this front office. I'd venture to say most fans will not notice the change from Marlin Blue to 'Stadium Blue'. Hell, if the only change being made was changing the hue, most fans on this site would not notice.

Atleast orange is a Miami color. It's one of the city's official colors and the Dolphins and Hurricanes feature it prominently on their uniforms. More importantly, it has a long history with Miami area baseball teams. The Sun Sox, Marlins I, Orioles and Marlins II featured both blue and orange in their uniforms.

Comment

• If it's that light blue and not a Mets type blue, I'm totally fine with blue and orange.

Comment

• I dont care what your friend from Italy thinks, no offense.
                        Noah Perio
                        Jupiter
                        39 AB
                        15 H
                        0 2B
                        0 3B
                        0 HR
                        0 BB
                        .385/.385/.385

Comment

• He is who the Marlins want to sell t-shirts to. We will regardless.

Comment

• You are going to sell merchandise no matter what the colors are. So to that effect, there is little reason to switch the colors to what would essentially be a carbon copy of another team in the division.

Add to that, despite the claims that "orange is a south Florida color", only the Dolphis as a professional team, feature orange and the green they feature is more prominent in their color scheme.

I have no issue with the blue, marlins are varying shades of blue, just hate the idea of orange.
                            Noah Perio
                            Jupiter
                            39 AB
                            15 H
                            0 2B
                            0 3B
                            0 HR
                            0 BB
                            .385/.385/.385

Comment

• I dont care what you think, no offense.
                              Originally posted by Matt Wilson
                              Fish and Chips just became the smartest man on the board
                              Tom Koehler(4-0)
                              AAA: 7 GS, 40.2 IP, 2.66 ERA, 34 H, 12 ER, 17 BB, 31 SO, GO/AO 0.87, BAA .233 , 1.25 WHIP

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd View Post
                                You are going to sell merchandise no matter what the colors are. So to that effect, there is little reason to switch the colors to what would essentially be a carbon copy of another team in the division.

Add to that, despite the claims that "orange is a south Florida color", only the Dolphis as a professional team, feature orange and the green they feature is more prominent in their color scheme.

I have no issue with the blue, marlins are varying shades of blue, just hate the idea of orange.
                                Exactly how is that shade of blue + orange a carbon copy of the Mets? If the orange is used prominently, how is that anywhere near what the Mets use? The Mets are a Dodger blue team first, black second and orange third. That makes a huge difference. Even if the Marlins were to prominently feature blue first, orange second I don't see any possible way you could confuse the two shades. It is closer to the current teal than it is to the blue the Mets use.

Orange in Miami:

(Orange since it was built, not because the Orioles.)

--------------------
                                And for the lollz:

Last edited by Party; 03-05-2011, 06:36 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Working...
                                X