No announcement yet.

New Uniforms Discussion: New Uniforms Seen FIRST on SoFlaMarlins.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think it's being done as a party. I don't think the team is scared of the logo.
    This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

• If it was done as a party, why is it at 9 PM instead of midnight?
      God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
      - Daft

Comment

• Loria's bedtime is 10 and Samson has to go back in the cryogenic chamber by 11

Comment

• Midnight? Why would that be a party?

Didn't the Heat have their little party friday night too? I doubt they were trying to hide anything.

Comment

• Also, a party for who? The unveiling is VIP invite only. Are they expecting people in South Florida to have nothing better to do at 9 pm on a Friday night than around a computer to watch a uniform unveiling?
            --------------------
            Originally posted by Mainge View Post
            Midnight? Why would that be a party?

Didn't the Heat have their little party friday night too? I doubt they were trying to hide anything.
            The Heat's "party" was to celebrate the big 3. We already knew they were going to be on the team. It wasn't really unveiling anything.
            Last edited by THE_REAL_MIBS; 11-07-2011, 12:38 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by mbaamin08 View Post
              Also, a party for who? The unveiling is VIP invite only. Are they expecting people in South Florida to have nothing better to do at 9 pm on a Friday night than around a computer to watch a uniform unveiling?
              The party is for the VIPs. They don't give a shit who is staying at home to log on to the interwebs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                Midnight? Why would that be a party?

Firstly, the Heat weren't announcing anything - everyone already know what was going on. It also wasn't a major brand restart. The brand stayed the same, they just added some new players. It was a celebration, not a groundbreaking of sorts.

Secondly, that didn't start at 9 PM. You miss the 5-6 PM news by staging it so late, but you also miss the next morning because no one watches those programs. The media in Spanish doesn't have major programming to my knowledge on Saturday morning. Media in English isn't going to care anyway.

Lastly, a lot of the Heat's timing was enforced by Lebron's decision. It wasn't announced weeks ahead of time. Rumors weren't circulating for the event months before. They didn't ask everyone in the Miami area to essentially take the day off so they could have it to themselves.

It's really not an accurate comparison, IMO.
                God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                - Daft

Comment

• So we've confirmed that the world will not end Friday at 9pm

Comment

• It gets the 10 pm news so all is good.

I would assume VIPs actually have jobs that require them to work until 5 or later which would prevent them from being in attendance. I also assume these VIPs are the people who the organization wants in attendance because they are the people who will be generating the most funds for the club.

Also most good parties start after 9pm so why would we expect this to be different.

Comment

• VIPs probably have jobs that pay them a lot of money and allow them to skip out on work while telling others what to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omar View Post
                        Firstly, the Heat weren't announcing anything - everyone already know what was going on. It also wasn't a major brand restart. The brand stayed the same, they just added some new players. It was a celebration, not a groundbreaking of sorts.

Secondly, that didn't start at 9 PM. You miss the 5-6 PM news by staging it so late, but you also miss the next morning because no one watches those programs. The media in Spanish doesn't have major programming to my knowledge on Saturday morning. Media in English isn't going to care anyway.

Lastly, a lot of the Heat's timing was enforced by Lebron's decision. It wasn't announced weeks ahead of time. Rumors weren't circulating for the event months before. They didn't ask everyone in the Miami area to essentially take the day off so they could have it to themselves.

It's really not an accurate comparison, IMO.
                        That's fair. Just throwing around ideas.

Comment

• They didn't ask everyone in the Miami area to essentially take the day off so they could have it to themselves.
                          Who did this?
                          poop

Comment

• I think the best answer for why they're doing it at this time is simple: cause that's what they want to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by jay576 View Post
                              It gets the 10 pm news so all is good.

I would assume VIPs actually have jobs that require them to work until 5 or later which would prevent them from being in attendance. I also assume these VIPs are the people who the organization wants in attendance because they are the people who will be generating the most funds for the club.

Also most good parties start after 9pm so why would we expect this to be different.
                              I don't have the info in front of me atm, but I'd venture to say that 10 PM Friday competes very closely with 10 PM Saturday for least watched news of the week.

Originally posted by Jorge18 View Post
                              I think the best answer for why they're doing it at this time is simple: cause that's what they want to do.
                              That's a pretty silly reason for a business to do anything. But it would explain their really bad marketing strategies.

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                              Who did this?
                              The Marlins. Stuff that's been whispered through the grapevine of local networks.
                              - Daft

Comment

• Originally posted by Beef View Post
                                VIPs probably have jobs that pay them a lot of money and allow them to skip out on work while telling others what to do.
                                Precisely. These types of people are on the golf course on Friday "making deals".
                                This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

Working...
                                X