No announcement yet.

New Uniforms Discussion: New Uniforms Seen FIRST on SoFlaMarlins.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think black will be used prominently. New stadium is using a lot of light colors.

Comment

I'd like that sleeve patch as the primary logo as is. That thing's awesome.

Comment

Those Miami Marlins jerseys are so fucking money. I'd shit in my pants if those were the new uni's.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
          thus the black and orange
          LOL, the entire outfield wall of Citi Field is black and orange....

I'd prefer orange not be used (or at the very least extremely sparingly).

Comment

I like our current jerseys. I want black and teal, I don't want this orange and blue stuff.
            LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

If orange is going to be used, pair it with a pastel/carolina blue, not a deep blue like the Mets.

I wouldn't be a huge fan of that - I like the teal/black - but carolina blue/orange would be unique in MLB and fit Miami.

Comment

Originally posted by Sashimi View Post
                I find it odd that art snob Loria--the same guy who designed his own gaudy WS rings to suit his refined aesthetic sensibilities and who also wants to put up some ridiculous, artsy-fartsy bobbing marlin for HR celebrations--in the end will just be a merchandising whore when it comes to determining the colors for the new uniforms.
                Loria likes the color green more than any ogther. He will do what it takes to make the most green he can. Giving us black & silver makes green in the eyes of Loria he'll be fine with it.

Comment

Originally posted by flamarlin21 View Post
                  I like our current jerseys. I want black and teal, I don't want this orange and blue stuff.
                  I think a lot of us feel that way. But this is what you get when you have an owner that has no respect for the teams history, and is hell bent on doing what will put more $$$ (or so he thinks) in his pockets.

Comment

I think everyone is blowing the whole team history thing out of proportion. Sure we went away from teal and fiestas black and silver but our logos are exactly the same as they were nearly 20 years ago. That's an eternity in sports. Most teams get major upgrades or redesigns in that span of time. Were people botching that the Padres or Mariners had no respect for their history? They changed colors and logos like crazy. It's what happens and everyone needs to chill out and get off their high horse. We have a less than 2 decade long history and it isn't that great of one. There's no need to honor or respect it like we're some godly franchise.
                    Originally posted by Madman81
                    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by Emperor View Post
                      I think a lot of us feel that way. But this is what you get when you have an owner that has no respect for the teams history, and is hell bent on doing what will put more $$$ (or so he thinks) in his pockets.
                      LOL.

Maybe he wants to put $$$ in his pockets because HE'S THE FUCKING OWNER OF THE TEAM AND OWNING THE MARLINS IS A BUSINESS AND BUSINESSES ARE SUPPOSED TO MAKE $$$$. What a novel idea!

I'm not a huge Loria fan by any means but your post is laughable.

Comment

Loria will have the final say, but he wants to sell merchandise. Colors and uniforms will be focused group'd.

Comment

Presumably, he will have jerseys that appeal to the greatest number of fans. No guarantee that most fans will care about history over aesthetics.

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                            LOL.

Maybe he wants to put $$$ in his pockets because HE'S THE FUCKING OWNER OF THE TEAM AND OWNING THE MARLINS IS A BUSINESS AND BUSINESSES ARE SUPPOSED TO MAKE $$$$. What a novel idea!

I'm not a huge Loria fan by any means but your post is laughable.
                            Bro I think you read my post wrong. I was aiming it more at the people bitching about the change. Loria is the owner, he can do what he wants, and if he thinks that is what will sell, then by all means he should do it.

Personally I wish he wouldn't but it is his team, he can do what he wants, and no one bitching on here will change that.
                            --------------------
                            Originally posted by Cody Ross Chant View Post
                            Loria will have the final say, but he wants to sell merchandise. Colors and uniforms will be focused group'd.
                            This would be the best way to do it. But being artsy-fartsy he may feel he knows better than peeon general public folks. He does have an arrogance about him. Look at last years prediction of being a playoff team. Anyone with a reasonable eye, knew that bullpen was actually bullshit, but he still went off and made his bold prediction. Then fired his manager when the bullpen sunk the team.
                            Last edited by Emperor; 12-07-2010, 09:44 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by Emperor View Post
                              Bro I think you read my post wrong. I was aiming it more at the people bitching about the change. Loria is the owner, he can do what he wants, and if he thinks that is what will sell, then by all means he should do it.

Personally I wish he wouldn't but it is his team, he can do what he wants, and no one bitching on here will change that.
                              --------------------

This would be the best way to do it. But being artsy-fartsy he may feel he knows better than peeon general public folks. He does have an arrogance about him. Look at last years prediction of being a playoff team. Anyone with a reasonable eye, knew that bullpen was actually bullshit, but he still went off and made his bold prediction. Then fired his manager when the bullpen sunk the team.
                              Bro I think you wrote your post wrong.

Comment

Come at me, bro!

Comment

Working...
                                X