New Uniforms Discussion: New Uniforms Seen FIRST on SoFlaMarlins.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MK7 View Post
    I've said this before and I'll say it again: it SHOULD be the goal to appeal to the people besides those who currently watch the games. The people who are diehard fans, who go to games, who follow the entire season, they will buy apparel no matter what. I remember this same conversation after 2002 when they ditched the teal uniform and went to the black and silver ones. People hated them, didn't understand why teal would be gone, thought it left us no identity, said they wouldn't buy them. I see tons of people at games with those jerseys on because, well, if you want to buy a jersey, that's your only choice. What you want in a logo and jersey set is something that sets you apart from other teams. The national image for Miami is beaches and the team should embrace that. The people in Little Havana and Kendall are not going to say "I don't live on the beach, I don't have any kind of deco architecture so I'm not going to games or buying apparel." That's absurd to think that. If they don't like it, they'll go to games still. Maybe they'll hold out on buying apparel for a little while until their Juan Encarnacion jersey becomes too stained to wear and their teal hat/black brim falls apart. Then they have to buy the new apparel. People who do not live in Miami though will eat this up, I'm sure. You can already see the dichotomy on here between people from Miami and people who are not. Those are the people who will not definitely buy apparel, because they aren't going to games. And those are the people you risk losing to another team (up here in Gainesville it is very tempting to drive to the Trop or to Turner Field).

I didn't read this entire post because you didn't use any spaces and it looks like the matrix but I am a huge fan of the first two sentences.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beef View Post
      I enjoy it on the screen but think it looks gross on the hat. It looks right to me with on the screen as a logo, but it looks too rainbow-y on the hat and the Marlin logo thing looks silly on the hat - like it wants to escape the hat
      I'll reserve judgment until I see the real hat, but I think I agree with you here - I don't think this logo really works on a black hat to be honest (at least with this chop), but maybe the real thing will look better.

Originally posted by Erick View Post
      Love the blue hat.

Actually, it should be blue. The seats in the stadium are blue. Wouldn't it be appropriate for blue to be a primary color?
      I like the blue too. The marlin looks a bit out of place to me. Overall, I'm not sure how I feel on it yet, initial reaction was 'eh' but perhaps it'll grow on me.

Comment

• Originally posted by mbaamin08 View Post
        Miami Herald has a poll up. Of the 816 votes, 8% love it, 76% hate it and 16% think it's fake.

This is a REALLY bad barometer of true public opinion.

85% of people who vote on polls/comment on articles are COMPLETE cave men who are constantly seething about EVERYTHING.

Comment

• How is it tempting to drive 5+ hours to Turner Field?

(to MK7)

Comment

• there's shit to do in Atlanta
            --------------------
            and they frequently have playoff teams
            Last edited by emkayseven; 09-21-2011, 05:19 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
            Originally posted by Madman81
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• There's an underground mall there with zombies.
              There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

• I thought you just meant on a whim

Comment

• He's a true Uggla fan.
                  There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

• I'd like Festy to replace the lil favorite team logo with the new Marleen

Comment

• This may be insight and it may not. I've worked at creative studio's for the past 10 years and been a part of dozens and dozens of branding projects. I've pitched countless branding presentation and simply put, branding projects are never delivered in pieces. Brands are delivered with multiple options, a huge amount of color schematics, and a million different applications. If someone wanted to leak this outside of the organization, they would have access to a lot more than this type/icon set. My initial reaction is that this is fake or it's an intentional leak.
                      Christian Yelich
                      LF, Greensboro Grasshoppers
                      12/5/1991 - 19 years old

.299/.375/.461/.836
                      100-334, 24 2B, 0 3B, 10 HR, 38 BB, 74 SO, 26 SB (4 CS)

------------------------------------

Last 10 Games:
                      .394/.512/.697/1.155

Last Update: 7/27/2011

Comment

• The supposed story (which explains the wordmark font that has nothing to do with anything) is that someone got PDF files for next year's t-shirts from a company
                        Originally posted by Madman81
                        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Also - a couple other things that annoy me about this conversation.

- The initial reactions to brand overhauls of established brands are almost always poor. They improve over time, as they are usually good solutions. Innovation is never in the eye of the consumer. Imagine if Blockbuster said 10 years ago that they were going to shut down all of their brick and mortars and become a movie-by-mail service where you have to wait 3 days for your movie. We all would've said they are assholes and that this was a recipe for disaster. Clients (consumers, fans) have no concept of what's next, only what's been. They don't care if you hate this.
                          Christian Yelich
                          LF, Greensboro Grasshoppers
                          12/5/1991 - 19 years old

.299/.375/.461/.836
                          100-334, 24 2B, 0 3B, 10 HR, 38 BB, 74 SO, 26 SB (4 CS)

------------------------------------

Last 10 Games:
                          .394/.512/.697/1.155

Last Update: 7/27/2011

Comment

• Assuming this is the real logo:

The MLB Style Guide for next year was published on the 15th. This is done so manufacturers, game developers, advertisers, etc. can start getting ready for 2012. Those who I have spoken to about these things say there are so many moving pieces already geared towards 2012 that it would take A LOT for the Marlins to pull this design back and issue a 'back-up' in time for everything to be ready.

HOWEVER, this could have always been some sort of trial balloon to gauge public interest. But that is highly unlikely and unprecedented in today's world. Hell, the Lightning released their uniforms 4 months before the season ended to gauge public interest. That is enough to highlight how complex these things are.
                            --------------------
                            Company that is in charge of the overhaul: http://www.smebranding.com/content/f...e-rebrand-team
                            --------------------
                            Originally posted by Hugg View Post
                            I hope Loria changes the logo to a plain black M with white jerseys and a white hat with a black M on the hat and plain black Miami on the jersey.

buncha crybabies in this thread
                            I don't see why people can't complain.
                            Last edited by Party; 09-21-2011, 06:24 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• I think what Hugg is saying is that in a year or so, this logo will be like LeBron to those who hate it now and they will suddenly love it and pretend they never hated it

Comment

• Embrace the LebRon of it all.
                                There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

Working...
                                X