No announcement yet.

New Uniforms Discussion: New Uniforms Seen FIRST on SoFlaMarlins.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we please just put Hugg's slogan in the banner?
    There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

• [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sDI2_FHqdg&feature=related[/ame]

Comment

• All of the Fox Sports graphics are now black.

Comment

• Unveiling is 11/11/11

And they confirmed today that they've been doing a lot of focus groups. [/not news to anyone who has the ability for rational thought]

Comment

• No one disputed they are doing focus groups.
            Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
            Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
            Noah Perio
            Jupiter
            39 AB
            15 H
            0 2B
            0 3B
            0 HR
            0 BB
            .385/.385/.385

Comment

• you did:

Originally posted by Todd View Post
              I dont know if they didnt, but you do not know if they did.
              does that not mean you disputed the fact that they did focus groups?
              Originally posted by Madman81
              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugg View Post
                Unveiling is 11/11/11

And they confirmed today that they've been doing a lot of focus groups. [/not news to anyone who has the ability for rational thought]
                Did they say anything else about that and the new ballpark? I was at a party and wasn't able to listen to what was being discussed. I know Samson was one for almost two innings.

Comment

• Originally posted by markotsay7 View Post
                  you did:

does that not mean you disputed the fact that they did focus groups?
                  Never that they were doing them now. But I think stating they were doing them since 2003 is absurd especially when it was possible that the team wasnt even staying in Florida, and orange has been introduced more and more, quite aggressively, for quite a few years now.
                  Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                  Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                  Noah Perio
                  Jupiter
                  39 AB
                  15 H
                  0 2B
                  0 3B
                  0 HR
                  0 BB
                  .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd View Post
                    Never that they were doing them now. But I think stating they were doing them since 2003 is absurd especially when it was possible that the team wasnt even staying in Florida, and orange has been introduced more and more, quite aggressively, for quite a few years now.
                    Please see:

Originally posted by CrimsonCane View Post
                    Todd contends that Loria has been adding orange to the current color scheme for years. And, therefore, I'd need to show that they've been conducting focus groups for years to justify that decision as well.

I don't think I do. Suppose Loria's favorite color is orange. Suppose he has been incorporating orange into the design without any consultation. That's irrelevant given what we know. The fact that he has held focus groups for the 2012 Miami Marlins rebrand shows that, despite his personal preferences for orange (assumed), he's still doing his due diligence and is not going to make a major business decision without checking in on what will sell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Claudio Vernight View Post
                      Did they say anything else about that and the new ballpark? I was at a party and wasn't able to listen to what was being discussed. I know Samson was one for almost two innings.
                      Samson and another PR person who's name I don't recall each spoke for an inning about various things. Samson pointed out the sea of blue for our seats being much better to look at than the sea of orange. He noted that while the roof is silver now it's because it's not complete and we have a white fabric for the roof when it's done. Talked about the restaurants in the works. The PR person did mention the 11.11.11. unveiling and how they have had state wide focus groups with various options and logos, they have taken a lot of suggestions and that it's time to be the Miami Marlins.

As I was telling Hugg, the entire stadium has a feel of blue, silver and white. Not to say they won't have orange but it's not really in the mix from what our park looks like.

It was truly exciting to hear all this, I missed the goofs all winter! Even rich, he still sucks but he's OUR suck.
                      There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

• Originally posted by KJC View Post
                        Samson pointed out the sea of blue for our seats being much better to look at than the sea of orange.
                        Hehehe

Originally posted by KJC View Post
                        The PR person did mention the 11.11.11. unveiling and how they have had state wide focus groups with various options and logos, they have taken a lot of suggestions and that it's time to be the Miami Marlins.
                        I wonder what the order was there - were the focus groups mostly before or after the name switch was set in stone?
                        God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                        - Daft

Comment

• What usually happens is the team tells a design firm what they want, the firm comes up with a bunch of possible designs and the designs are taken to focus groups and picked apart.

Comment

• I thought the name switch was part of the stadium deal.

Comment

• something just occurred to me: will Billy the Marlin's look be changed with the rebrand? Teal features pretty prominently on his body.
                              Originally posted by Madman81
                              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• He will be fried and served in the latin section.
                                There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

Working...
                                X