No announcement yet.

John Baker/Ronny Paulino 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But only in a situation where it is best for the team. Almost in a way that a given player hasn't played well enough that he deserves carte blanche to that spot. Kind of allows for a competition where it may be necessary.

Comment

Competition's fine. Making a guy scared to ask for a few days off because his elbow's barking at him is not.

Comment

That guy best play better then

Comment

Originally posted by BeefWillingham View Post
          That guy best play better then
          So you think May 14th is a suitable date to pull the plug on a player with a history of producing?

Comment

They didn't really pull the plug. If a guy who has been better than Baker but who doesnt hit righties can hit righties and can thus be the more complete player at the current time, I have no problem with him getting a majority of the starts.

I would imagine Paulino wouldn't be given a very long leash if he became the "full time starter" and if he struggled against righties they wouldnt hesitate to go back to platoon.

I just have no problem with this situation.

It isn't like a sure fire better option losing a job to a guy we don't know about really quickly. It is a guy possibly maybe losing part of his job to a guy that can prove to be the better option right now.

Comment

Ya, if Paulino is killing righties in 2 weeks, he deserves to play everyday

Comment

Ronny Paulino likes playing everday. He's been a top 10 offensive catcher this year.

BABIP's a bit inflated, sure, but he should start walking a little more to balance that out.

He's not gonna keep up this pace, but it's been a welcome surprise.
                Last edited by Bobbob1313; 06-21-2010, 10:35 AM.
                poop

Comment

He's gonna need a day off soon, but he's been great lately.

Comment

Working...
                  X