Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh, he points

Comment

More from the Frisaro article I quoted above.

With Cameron Maybin struggling, Cody Ross may end up playing more in center field, with Petersen being an option to play right field.

Now that Lamb has been designated, Doug Mientkiewicz is someone to watch at Triple-A New Orleans. Mientkiewicz, signed recently to a Minor League deal, becomes an option to join the team as the left-handed bat off the bench.

Promoting Petersen also creates an opening for John Raynor to see playing time at New Orleans.

The surplus of outfielders the Marlins have in the organization increases the likelihood of a June trade for relief help. Early June remains a realistic target date to promote Mike Stanton.

Comment

I think it makes a ton of sense. You replace a lefty with a lefty. You also eliminate the need to keep Cogs in the lineup because he's an OF that can hit lefty. We've got a lot more versatility now. Lamb just clogged up a roster spot.

Comment

Now we have 5 outfielders, though. Only CC can play any base other than in the outfield. That's why I don't get sending down an infielder (even if he's not hitting at the plate) to bring in a 5th outfielder.
          Last edited by THE_REAL_MIBS; 05-06-2010, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Yeah, but two of our OFers suck right now, so it's like having 3.75 outfielders.
            poop

Comment

Carroll could play 3b if need be

Comment

Lamb never really saw the infield and between Helms, Cantu and Barden you have every infield position covered in the event of injury, and beyond that you have an infield that really only sees one player (Gaby) come out with any degree of regularity.

My guess is we're less than a month away from Stanton anyway so I think this is the final wake up call for Cam and Cogs.

Comment

I'll miss my clam.

Comment

If Cody's gonna play center and they're sticking with Cogs for the time being, Peterson and Carroll could probably be a sick nasty platoon situation in RF. And by sick nasty platoon situation, I mean not as shitty as having Maybin in the lineup right now.

Comment

Working...
                    X