Leo Nunez 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leo Nunez 2010

Because maybe he really was tipping his pitches.

13 appearances so far for him. 4 hits allowed. Pretty special start he's having.

Comment

yea, he's been phenominal

Comment

I'm starting to like this fella.
        This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

I'm not huge into Sabremetrics, but don't they seem to point he's getting a little lucky?

However he's a closer so the IP is a very small sample size.

Either way, Leo has been really damn good for us.

Comment

What SABR number are you looking at because his peripheral numbers are outstanding and don't suggest he is getting lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
              What SABR number are you looking at because his peripheral numbers are outstanding and don't suggest he is getting lucky.
              I just started learning them so please correct me if I'm wrong. But I've read that BABIP should be around .290 for pitchers and .300 for hitters.

I believe Leo's is at .091 so would that make him lucky?

Comment

it should be around .300 for pitchers (Well, .290-.310 depending on the pitcher really), and for hitters it's based off their skill sets, some are really good at hitting (Hanley, Jeter), others aren't (Mark McGwire has a career BABIP of .255).

And yeah, Leo Nunez's ERA is lucky thanks to his BABIP, but I doubt anyone really expects him to carry on having a 0.59 ERA the rest of the season.

But his peripherals are still fantastic. 3.40 K/BB is very good.

What is generally regarded as the best SABR stat to look at for a pitcher is FIP: Fielding Independent Pitching. It's not perfect but is still a very good stat. What it does is focus only on what a pitcher has control over: Walks, Strike Outs, and Home Runs. His FIP this season is 2.70, which is outstanding for a reliever.

Comment

Would FIP indicate what his ERA should be? I've read that somewhere but it doesn't seem to make sense.

Thanks for the help btw.

Comment

Fun Fact: Before today Leo had not appeared in games in 3 of 4 days. He did it about once a month last year.

Has worked in 5 of the last 7 days.

Comment

Originally posted by Festa View Post
                      Fun Fact: Before today Leo had not appeared in games in 3 of 4 days. He did it about once a month last year.

Has worked in 5 of the last 7 days.
                      This is worded poorly. I'm not sure what you are trying to say.
                      poop

Comment

Before today he had not worked in 3 of 4 days this season.

Comment

I get it now.
                          poop

Comment

Nor was it really a fun fact tho.

Comment

Isn't it amazing when you have someone that can come in and not give you a heart attack in the 9th inning? Keep up the good work Leo!

Comment

Working...
                              X