Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Volstad 2010: Defeating His Rain Delay Demons

Because it's raining somewhere.

Good game out of him tonight. 12:2 GB:FB.

Still gave up a homer though. Like to see less of that.

Comment

The homer was on a good pitch low and in. Atleast it wasn't a Volstad meatball.

Comment

Ryan Zimmerman owns us, I'll take that GB:FB ratio all day.

Comment

Chris Volstad beat the Nationals for the second time in five days, following up his complete-game win with seven strong innings tonight in Florida’s 4-2 victory.

Volstad improved to 3-2 with a 4.12 ERA over his first six starts. But take out that one bad outting in Colorado on April 25 (7 runs in 4 1/3 innings), and Volstad’s record is 3-1 with a 2.83 ERA.

Except for Colorado blip, he has gone at least six innings in all his other starts.

“Like I said last time, he looks like the Chris Volstad of 2008,” catcher John Baker said.

Baker said Volstad has been throwing his slider extremely well — although one slider got hit out tonight. Ryan Zimmerman hit it for a home run to dead center field.
          Chris Volstad is getting stronger as Florida Marlins season progresses

Comment

His control is mediocre. Needs to get that bb/9 under 3.
            "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
            - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

Looks like Volstad has conquered his rain delay demons. 3 of his last 4 starts have been interrupted by rain in some way.

Comment

gotta be pleased with him lately
                Originally posted by Madman81
                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Working...
                X